Administration Officer Job at United Nations Office for Project Services… See details on how to apply for the opportunities available at United Nations Office for Project Services.
- Plans develop and manage all procurement and contractual aspects of requests from the United Nations Environment Programme, taking into account service provision arrangements and other conditions.
- Advises requisitioning units and recipient entities on the full range of procurement issues, providing support and guidance at all stage of the procurement cycle.
- Prepares/oversees the preparation and possible distribution of solicitation packages and manages/conducts all aspects of bid/proposal evaluations.
- Formulates strategies and designs innovative solutions to resolve issues/conflicts for complex procurement projects.
- Establishes and maintains work program and schedules for ongoing service provision contracts and newly planned ones.
- Conducts market research to keep abreast of market developments; researches and analyzes statistical data and market reports on the world commodity situation, production patterns and availability of goods and services.
- Identifies new technologies, and products/services, evaluates and recommends potential supply sources and participates in the incorporation of research results into the procurement program.
- Supports the assessment and monitoring framework activities in coordination with the Head of Unit.
- Prepares a variety of procurement-related documents, contracts, communications, guidelines, instructions, etc.
- Provides guidance to, and supervises new/junior staff.
- Advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent degree) in business administration, public administration, commerce, engineering, law or a related field is required.
- A first-level university degree in combination with two additional years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- Professional certification in supply chain such as Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply certification (CIPS Level 4) or equivalent is required.
- A minimum of five years of progressively responsible experience in procurement, contract management, contract administration or logistics and supply chain management or related area is required.
- A minimum of two consecutive years of experience in conducting international tender exercises to award contracts, during the last five years is desirable.
- Experience in public sector procurement processes and procedures is desirable.
- Experience in the use of procurement information systems such as SAP is desirable.
How to Apply
Interested and suitable applicants should CLICK HERE to apply.
Application Deadline: 23rd January 2022.
Leonel has been Teacher at Alliant International University since 2013. He began to write about admission details at Course Discovery.