Administrative Assistant Job at Pwani University… See details on how to apply for the opportunities available at Pwani University.
- Liaise with immediate supervisor on a regular basis for purposes of proper planning and coordination of duties in the office to ensure that all duties are well attended to appropriately.
- Assist in planning, scheduling, preparing and coordination of meetings, conferences, exhibitions and open days by handling logistics to ensure smooth operations.
- Assist in carrying out research/survey in various areas of interest by sourcing for data either internally or externally as directed by the supervisor to aid in decision making.
- Assist with proofreading of documents for accuracy
- Data entry of information for easy analysis and generation of reports
- Assist in making written and verbal follow-ups on requests and assignments for timely execution of administrative duties.
- Prepare correspondences including memos and letters to relay feedback and make inquiries.
- Provide secretariat services to committees/ boards, and record-keeping and minutes taking in meetings.
- Provide general administrative and clerical support including mailing, scanning, faxing and copying.
- Maintain a good filing system for documents and records generated
- Assist in developing procedures and standards in the relevant Department/section
- Perform any other duty as directed by the immediate supervisor.
- Applicants must have a must-have Bachelor’s degree in any field of study from a recognized university.
In addition, applicants should show:
- Active involvement in International/Continental/Regional /National/ Local/Community activities.
Candidates with relevant experience will have an added advantage
In addition, applicants should
- Be registered by the relevant professional body (where applicable)
- Demonstrate community involvement (e.g. Member of BOG, SMC, etc.)
Knowledge and Competencies;
- Must be computer literate and have knowledge of operating standard office equipment with demonstrated ability to perform a wide range of administrative and office support duties.
- Should have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Should have knowledge of minutes taking and writing skills
- Should possess the ability to prioritize projects and attention to detail.
- Have a basic understanding of ISO.
How to Apply
Submit your CV providing details of age, marital status, academic and professional qualifications, work experience, present post and salary, email address, telephone, names, and contacts of three referees who are knowledgeable about the competence of the applicant, copies of relevant documents, and Application to:
P. O Box 195–80108, Kilifi
Application Deadline: 3rd December 2021.
Leonel has been Teacher at Alliant International University since 2013. He began to write about admission details at Course Discovery.