Africa Communications Director Job at Habitat for Humanity International… See details on how to apply for the opportunities available at Habitat for Humanity International.
Communications strategy (20%):
- Collaborate closely with the Senior Director, International Communications, and others on the International Communications team to develop and implement aspects of the international communications strategy related to sub-Saharan Africa.
- Work with the Africa Hub Senior Director and management team to develop communications strategies that help advance regional initiatives related to brand-building, programs, advocacy and fundraising, with a special emphasis on meeting the needs of Habitat’s global network of donors and supporters.
Storytelling and Brand-Building (25%):
- Lead the development of content for key communications platforms, ensuring projects are consistent with organizational brand strategy and Africa Hub strategy.
- Play a lead role in identifying the communications channels, platforms and events in the region that can best deliver Habitat’s content to audiences that are strategically important for brand positioning, fundraising, advocacy and/or programs. This includes securing media coverage of Habitat’s work and strategic initiatives across broadcast, radio, print and online media in sub-Saharan Africa.
Program Communications (25%):
- Help interpret Habitat’s programming and expertise for strategically important audiences by preparing both the messaging and the messengers.
- Support Habitat fundraisers with the necessary communications collateral related to programs in sub-Saharan Africa so that they can continue to gain support from Habitat’s global network of donors.
- Support subject matter experts and other program staff by editing presentations or developing talking points.
Regional Signature Events (20%):
- Lead on communications planning and implementation for the regional signature events such as Habitat’s Africa Housing Forum, AfriCities Summit and others.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications or related field.
- 10+ years of related experience in regional communications work across multiple countries, especially managing regional projects with multiple stakeholders.
- 3+ years of experience with media relations in sub-Saharan Africa.
- Experience developing successful communications strategies that help advance both larger organizational objectives and those of a particular team or initiative within an organization.
- Proficiency in building creative concepts and demonstrated ability to see storytelling projects through to completion, including both written and visual aspects.
How to Apply
Interested and suitable applicants should CLICK HERE to apply.
Application Deadline: 30th November 2021.
Leonel has been Teacher at Alliant International University since 2013. He began to write about admission details at Course Discovery.