Aircraft Towing Operator Job at Amref…See Details on how to apply for the opportunities available at Amref.
- Aircraft Towing Operator
1. Aircraft Towing:
- Conducting an operational inspection of the tow tractor and tow bar ensuring all equipment used has a serviceable tag and is valid before every use.
- Performing towing tasks as per the directive of the Operations duty Officer/Flight Crew/Maintenance Perform safe maneuvering of aircraft inside/outside hangar.
- Monitor radio communication towing request instruction as by the Operations duty Officer/Flight Crew/Maintenance.
- Communicate and monitor ATC/Ground Control radio communication during all aircraft towing activities.
- Clean and return tow bars to their designated storage area after use.
2. Adhering to Safety Regulations and Standards:
- Complying with the company’s towing Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) at all times and safety regulation standards of KCARS, KAA and IATA.
- Timely reporting of any hazards, incidents or unusual state of the aircraft and equipment under your responsibility to your supervisor or Head of Safety.
3. Aircraft cleaning:
- Cleaning the interior thoroughly using approved cleaning agents. Starting from cleaning the inside so that the aircraft is clean and ready for any mission.
- Embarking on cleaning the outside of the aircraft using water and approved detergents to remove any stubborn stains.
- Placing the oxygen pack back to the aircraft (I do not understand what you mean by oxygen pack).
- Polishing the aircraft on a monthly basis; a schedule has been prepared to ensure work is done at the right time. Deice boots to be polished with shine master/other approved chemical every 3 weeks.
- Assist in thoroughly cleaning a contaminated aircraft after disinfection in liaison with the Aeromedical team.
- KCSE certificate or equivalent.
- Certificate in Basic First Aid.
- Certificate of good conduct.
- Completion of ATC Radio communication training.
- Certificate of aircraft towing.
- Minimum 3 years’ consecutive work experience in towing operations.
- Demonstrated record in towing of aircraft.
- Good understanding of KAA regulations and Customs rules.
- Knowledge in Basic First Aid.
- Knowledge of Airside Driving.
- Knowledge of Airside Safety Awareness.
- Basic knowledge in ICT skills.
- General aviation and aircraft knowledge.
How to Apply
Application Deadline: 24th September 2021.
Leonel has been Teacher at Alliant International University since 2013. He began to write about admission details at Course Discovery.