Android Developer Job at Jumia… See details on how to apply for the opportunities available at Jumia.
Affiliate Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Some of the links are affiliate links.
Looking for something new? Why not check out Amazon? They've got a huge selection of products to choose from. Happy shopping! Go to Amazon
JUMIA is an e-commerce startup with an aim to mimic Amazon’s success by delivering a wide range of items, from toys to generators, across the African continent. Shortly after the startup of the business in Nigeria, JUMIA launched warehouses in four other growing countries which include: Egypt, Morocco, Kenya and Cote d’Ivoire.
- Development of native Android applications driving a mobile first company strategy, writing top-notch Kotlin code and resort to battle hardened design patterns
- Autonomy interpreting business/technical requirements, designing, implementing and testing high-quality solutions
- Be fully aware of the Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment
- Work in a development environment with a modular codebase, peer reviews and pull requests workflow with proper source control process, with disciplined and structured branching model, and documentation
- Constant aim for quality, scalability, performance, and architecture keeping good practices, security, and compliance in check
- Be part of a challenging, fast and agile development process
- Contribute actively and proactively to optimize applications, processes, and methodologies
- Be willful to help peers, being part of a collaborative environment for development, testing, and automation tasks
- Experience in developing native Android applications
- Strong knowledge of Kotlin programming language
- Knowledge and experience with modern patterns for mobile such as MVP and MVVM
- Familiar and experienced with Material design, guidelines and components
- Strong knowledge and experienced with the Android Jetpack, modularization, architecture, components and patterns
- Familiar with image loading components, Picasso or Glide
- Knowledge and experience with Room database
- Experienced with version control, automate development and release process: Git, Jenkins and Fastlane
- Strong knowledge of Android Studio and Gradle
- Familiar with memory management, UI layout/rendering and UI/network performance
- Knowledge and experience with Unit tests and UI tests
- Experienced and familiar with REST API architecture
- Familiar with SCRUM methodology
- Familiar with 3rd Party Tools as, Analytics, Crash Reports and Notifications, A/B Tests and Deep Links
Academic & trades qualifications
- Academic background in IT or equivalent
- Knowledge in algorithms and mobile development
- Proficiency in English
- 1 to 6 years of experience
How to Apply
Application Deadline: 31st May 2022.
Leonel has been Teacher at Alliant International University since 2013. He began to write about admission details at Course Discovery.