Assistant Manager – Operation’s Payment and Receivable at Citi… See details on how to apply for the opportunities available at Citi.
Citibank N.A. Kenya has been operating in Kenya since 1974 and has two branches in Nairobi and Mombasa, serving Corporate and Institutional clients. Citibank Kenya is the regional hub for the Citi East Africa cluster, which covers Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania and Zambia. It’s the only solely corporate bank in Kenya. Businesses Citi Kenya is structured around business segments, product groups, operations and technology and staff units. The business segment that caters to our diverse customer base is our Institutional Clients Group, which includes the global relationship banking services we provide for top-tier local corporate clients. As a part of our business focus and broader market reach, in 1999 we expanded our target market to cater to the emerging and vibrant middle and lower market tiers
Acting as the functional heart of our business, Operations makes everything work on time and on target, in a world that demands lightning-fast transaction speeds, pinpoints execution accuracy and full visibility. It ensures global transactions flow smoothly around the clock, wherever we do business. Without it, the daily clearance, settlement and execution of a trillion dollars’ worth of trades and the weekly movement of tens of billions of dollars in dozens of world currencies would come to a complete standstill.
You’ll have strong communication, planning and organizational skills which will benefit you and the team. Our teams need individuals who can research, process, and interpret large amounts of information everyday which will allow you to make ethical decisions with integrity
This is an intermediate level role responsible for ensuring transactions are processed accurately and on time in coordination with the Transaction Services team. The overall objective is to apply working knowledge of technical concept to recommend process improvements, manage personnel and complete team deliverables efficiently.
- Supervise team of employees engaged in performing routine processing and reconciliation tasks
- Advise and resolve non-routine issues within cash & trade operations
- Recommend new work procedures that will increase operating efficiency. In addition, Design/Review procedures from time to time to ensure they are current and address Customer needs, legal requirements
- Apply basic comprehension of how cash management integrates within cash & trade operations to recommend/resolve solutions to complex issues
- Ensure team meets Key performance Indicators and quality expectations of assigned tasks
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm’s reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behaviour, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency, as well as effectively supervise the activity of others and create accountability with those who fail to maintain these standards.
- Management of outsourced processing service
- Management of Departmental accounts, including booking, follow-ups and prompt liquidation of Sundry, Account Receivables and Suspense Accounts.
- Support Management in Implementation of Projects and Process Improvement
- Train and Develop back- ups within the departments for continuity of business.
- Provide Feedback to Citiservice & banking and product on Related Customer Issues
- Provide capable back up to the Unit head on a regular basis
- Relevant years of experience in a related role
- Strong analytical and data analysis skills
- Demonstrated experience with payments and receivable processing
- Effective verbal, written, communication and presentation skills
- Effective management/supervisory, influencing and relationship skills
- Demonstrated decision making skills
- Strength in change and crisis management
- Bachelor’s/University degree – 2nd upper and above or equivalent
Method of Application
Closing Date : 30 October. 2021