Assistant Program Officer – Integrated Family Health Program (Nairobi) at Christian Health Association of Kenya (CHAK)… See details on how to apply for the opportunities available at Christian Health Association of Kenya (CHAK).
CHAK’s constitution provides for membership to Protestant churches’ health facilities and community-based health programmes provided their services are not for profit. Mission To facilitate member health units in their provision of quality healthcare services through advocacy, health systems strengthening, networking and innovative health programme
CHAK’s model of ‘Integrated Family Health Program’ (IFHP)has grown over the last few years and its impact on the health of the Kenyan communities is demonstrable. The goal of this program is to create awareness and education, improve access to prevention, screening, and care and treatment for non-communicable and communicable diseases. In NCDs special emphasis is placed on Diabetes, Hypertension, Sickle Cell Disease, Malaria, Childhood Pneumonia, Epilepsy, Breast Cancer and some of their complications such as Heart Failure and Diabetes Eye Disease in the general population. To scale up this program to new communities, CHAK is seeking a qualified and motivated Assistant Program Officer – IFHP, to be based in based in Nairobi. The position reports to the NCD Programs Coordinator.
Key duties and responsibilities include:
- Organizing NCD trainings for community health volunteers in collaboration with the regional program officer and the county community health strategy focal point person.
- Training and supporting community health volunteers, community health extension workers (CHEWs) and public health officers in implementation of CHAK NCD projects such as health promotion activities – behavior change communication, screening for NCDs – especially Hypertension and Diabetes, referral and linkage of persons with NCDs to health facilities.
- Train CHVs, CHEWs on data collection & reporting using the NCD tool-kits and conduct data quality audits to assure collection & reporting of quality data.
- Conduct joint support supervision with county teams on NCD program implementation at implementing health facilities.
- Preparing and submitting quarterly progress report to CHAK and relevant stakeholders.
- Representing CHAK in conferences and workshops, if required
- Supporting the health facility and NCDs Focal Point Persons at health facility level in supervising CHVs working on the NCD projects.
- University Degree in Public Health or Health/Social Sciences from a recognized institution with at least two years of public health experience working in public health programs.
- Working knowledge of NCD programs is an added advantage.
- At least three years experience in health programming
- Knowledge of county health structures, MoH data collection systems.
- Proven report writing skills.
- Ability to develop innovative approaches and solutions, and solve problems including inspiring and mobilizing communities on adapting health lifestyles to prevent NCDs.
- Ability to demonstrable interpersonal skills working in harmoniously as a member of a team, adapting to diverse educational, socio-political and cultural backgrounds and maintaining a high standard of personal conduct.
- Capacity to work strategically and under tight deadlines on a results-oriented basis.
- Experience and proficiency in working with government and other partners in an effective and culturally competent manner.
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft tools.
- Training & facilitation skills for community health personnel is an added advantage;
- Demonstrates openness to change and ability to manage complexities.
- Excellent written, verbal, and organizational skills. Good written and spoken English.
Method of Application
Submit your CV, copies of relevant documents and Application to [email protected] and a copy to [email protected]
Use the title of the position as the subject of the email
Closing Date : 5 November. 2021
Leonel has been Teacher at Alliant International University since 2013. He began to write about admission details at Course Discovery.