Associate Dean of Instruction and Learning (Internal Job Advert) at Nova Pioneer…See Details on how to apply for the opportunities available at Nova Pioneer.
Nova Pioneer Education Group is a Pan-African independent school network offering preschool through secondary education for students from ages 3 through 19. We prepare the next generation of leaders and innovators through world-class teaching methods with an emphasis on 21st century skills. We established Nova Pioneer because we believe education should prepare young people to create their future, not just work in it. Nova Pioneer is a launchpad where ambitious young Africans can begin to shape a better future for the continent and the world. We began by asking ourselves the question, “What capabilities will young people need to succeed in and shape the future that they will encounter, and what approaches to education will best develop those capabilities?” All of our founders have extensive backgrounds in education at top institutions across the globe, having studied at universities such as Harvard and Stanford and led education programs for McKinsey and Co., the African Leadership Academy, and top school networks in the US (Excel Academies). Yet at Nova Pioneer we believe that you never stop learning. So we visited and studied leading schools spanning from Singapore to Peru, and the United States to the United Kingdom. We connected with leaders of the cutting-edge education research, and leading thinkers on 21st Century Learning such as Sir Ken Robinson and teachers and atelieristas from Reggio Emilia, the leading global early education model, to name a few. We launched our first school in South Africa in 2014, with the aim of incorporating the best education models in the world, while keeping it as affordable as possible. We’ve since expanded within South Africa, and to Kenya as well – with our first Kenyan school launching in 2015. In all of our schools, we bring in and train top educators to deliver educational excellence in an environment that nurtures our students to uncover their potential and blaze trails in the world beyond our school walls.
ABOUT YOUR ROLE
Nova Pioneer already has 13 schools on the continent – six in Nairobi and seven in Johannesburg. Prior to assuming the Associate Dean of Instruction and Learning position, you will go through core training to get you ready to lead in the Nova Pioneer way with support, participation and leadership in the Emerging Leaders’ program. The series of experiences will be customised based on your prior experience. These experiences include shadowing the Dean of Instruction and Learning and gaining experience with coaching teachers using the Nova Pioneer system.
Key responsibilities of the role include:
Living the Nova Culture
- Fully embrace Nova Pioneer’s values and promote them to students, staff, other faculty, parents and members of the outside community
- Live the culture principles inside and outside of the classroom and school.
- Lead cohesively in a team, being respectful of each person’s contribution and style.
- Maintain positive, constructive and professional relationships with teachers, students, their families and colleagues.
- Attend daily team, weekly staff and other meetings that arise throughout the school year
- Contribute as a part of the regional leadership team to support the growth and health of the collective Nova Pioneer brand.
- Work with the Principal to articulate a compelling short- and long-term vision for the development of the school’s culture and program.
- Lead key school rituals as needed to model and ingrain culture
- Set and model a consistent tone of highest expectations, joy, and growth mindset
The Associate Dean of Instruction and Learning, with the support of the School Principal and the Dean of Instruction and Learning, shall have responsibility for the following key areas:
- Coach teachers through extensive observation and feedback
- Facilitate collaboration among teachers within/across grade levels and subject areas
- Supervise professional development routines and activities across the school
- Serve as the hiring manager for instructional staff hires
- Quickly identify and respond to classroom/school culture or behavior issues
- Collect, analyze, share and interpret internal and external school assessment data and ensure that data is used strategically to improve student academic performance
- Oversee planning, execution and analysis of intervention programs targeted at needs of diverse academic subgroups, whether remedial or enrichment
- Lead instruction sessions for parents
- Follow up with the Learning Design team on teachers’ feedback on lesson plans
- Coordinate with the Academic Support team on availability of learning materials and teaching resources.
- You have 2+ years of experience in instructional leadership and/or coaching experience in a rigorous high expectations lower and/or upper primary school setting.
- You have your TSC number and certificate.
- You have a minimum qualification of a P1 Diploma in Education ; a Degree in Education is desirable.
- You are widely recognised as a highly effective teacher and can model what great, inquiry-based teaching looks like.
- You consistently seek out opportunities to grow, whether by asking others for feedback, forming communities of learning with other school leaders, or seeking out training.
- You have a track record of improving other people’s performance through coaching, building uncommonly strong relationships, developing creative training sessions and sharing feedback.
- A strong community leader, with the ‘head and heart’ to foster a caring community.
- You have an exceptional ability to think strategically—and are unusually detail-oriented and conscientious.
- You are excited about our organisational culture—and in particular, you are fired up to challenge yourself by embracing mutual vulnerability and a firehose of feedback.
- You have a desire to further develop your leadership skills and apply them to transform the lives of African youth.
Method of Application
Submit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 15 October. 2021
Leonel has been Teacher at Alliant International University since 2013. He began to write about admission details at Course Discovery.