Associate General Counsel Job at Rainforest Alliance… See details on how to apply for the opportunities available at Rainforest Alliance.
- Responsible for all regional contract law matters including drafting, negotiating and interpreting agreements including consultancy, employment, grant, lease, services, license, vendor, and other contrac.
- Responsible for advising on employment and labor law issues for the Africa region.
- Responsible for corporate governance matters for RA entities and branches in the Africa region.
- Assist the Legal, Global Internal Compliance, and HR departments with drafting policies and training staff.
- Collaborate and coordinate with external legal advisors/specialists/company secretaries.
- Manage the selection, oversight, vetting and engagement of outside counsel and/or specialist (including tax) advisors.
- Oversee, in coordination with the General Counsel and the relevant staff/department contract, employment and litigation disputes.
- Being overall responsible for supporting Africa regional directors and staff with day-to-day legal advice;
- Assist in the global management of trademark and other intellectual property portfolios including disputes, registrations and licensing.
- Assist the office of the General Counsel with ongoing projects as assigned.
- Support risk management and compliance efforts across the organization; and
- Keep knowledge up to date through training and technical information by own initiative.
- Attend relevant meetings, projects meetings, events and conferences, etc.
- Qualification to practice law in any of Cote d’Ivoire, Cameroon, Ghana, Kenya or the Democratic Republic of Congo.
- 6+ years law firm and in-house experience.
- Familiarity with general corporate law in Africa region.
- Experience with local government laws and regulations related to contracts/grants.
- Experience in anti-bribery and anti-corruption policies and rules.
- An affinity towards sustainable and corporate social responsibility.
Salary: Commensurate with experience.
How to Apply
Interested and suitable applicants should CLICK HERE to apply.
Application Deadline: 11th December 2021.
Leonel has been Teacher at Alliant International University since 2013. He began to write about admission details at Course Discovery.