Application for the AVI Finance Graduate Internship – 2021 Entry is now open by AVI for all outstanding applicants.
AVI is offering an Internship opportunity to unemployed and prospective graduates to apply in the fields that are in line with the Corporation’s core business. The Corporation is therefore inviting applications for the AVI Finance Graduate Internship Programme that runs for a maximum period of 24 months in the following disciplines/fields of study.
The AVI Finance Graduate Internship Programme uses a fully integrated approach that combines theory with practical training and leads to a recognized qualification/certification. AVI provides an internship opportunity in the following areas listed below:
This internship opportunity is situated at the following locations in South Africa:
- Cape Town, Western Cape
Update: How to Apply for the 2021 Mechanical Engineer Internship Programme
AVI FINANCE GRADUATE INTERNSHIP ROLES, APPLICATION ELIGIBILITY AND REQUIREMENTS
What you will be doing:
- Preparation and adherence to AVI group reporting requirements as per head office deadlines
- Foreign exchange and commodity exposure accounting and reporting as well as related analysis and controls
- Preparation, implementation, and roll-out of financial reporting templates
- Assisting with the management of the capital expenditure budget by supporting all business units with the appropriate governance, compliance, and reporting requirements
- Assist with accounting, reporting, and compliance with VAT and Income Tax Acts
- Assist with the administration and preparation of budgets, and quarterly forecasts
What you will need to be considered:
- BCom Financial Accounting or Financial Manager
- Have a minimum average of 60% in your final year
- Able to work in Cape Town
- Be a South African Citizen
- Vehicle and driver’s license would be advantageous
- Strong leadership potential
- Analytical and innovative mind-set
- Team player with a passion for achieving
- Enthusiastic self-starter who is open to all the unique learning opportunities we offer
What makes you exceptional?
- You can apply technology to quantify problems and interpret data in a rational and objective manner
- You are an analytical thinker that is focused on finding solutions to problems, effectively gathering and analysing information by asking probing questions, and thinking things through
- You can build and strengthen mutually beneficial partnerships with others
- You are reliable and complete your work in accordance with deadlines
- You focus on consistently delivering high-quality work by being meticulous and continually checking the detail of your work
- You follow policies and procedures in order to manage and mitigate risk
- You focus on finding and documenting the facts to better understand the logic behind a problem
- You work smart by planning and prioritising your tasks effectively
AVI FINANCE GRADUATE INTERNSHIP APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS – HOW TO APPLY
- Step 1: Before you can apply for a position, please ensure that you meet all the above criteria.
- Step 2: Once you have fulfilled step one, please click on the “Apply Now” button to register and apply.
- Step 3: Once you’ve registered and applied, we’ll email you confirmation of receipt. Our Resourcing Team will then carefully assess your application and provide you with feedback every step of the way.
- Applications should reach the AVI team on time, at most 31 July 2021. As it is indicated for each position of interest above.