Application for the AVI Mechanical Engineer Graduate Internship – 2021 Entry is now open by AVI for all outstanding applicants.
AVI is offering an Internship opportunity to unemployed and prospective graduates to apply in the fields that are in line with the Corporation’s core business. The Corporation is therefore inviting applications for the AVI Mechanical Engineer Graduate Internship Programme that runs for a maximum period of 24 months in the following disciplines/fields of study.
The AVI Mechanical Engineer Graduate Internship Programme uses a fully integrated approach that combines theory with practical training and leads to a recognized qualification/certification. AVI provides an internship opportunity in the following areas listed below:
- Mechanical Engineer
This internship opportunity is situated at the following locations in South Africa:
- Durban, KwaZulu-Natal
- Kempton Park, Gauteng
- Pinetown, KwaZulu-Natal
Update: How to Apply for the 2021 AVI Industrial Engineer Internship Programme
AVI MECHANICAL ENGINEER GRADUATE INTERNSHIP ROLES, APPLICATION ELIGIBILITY AND REQUIREMENTS
What you will be doing:
- Analysis of breakdowns, with recommendations to reduce downtime
- Review of Computerised Maintenance Management System, ensuring reliability and integrity of information captured on the asset care system.
- Manage workshop and related activities to ensure adherence to relevant standards
- Assist with developing and maintaining a problem-solving culture within the department through facilitating and sustaining root cause analysis practices
- Compile reports – KPI’s, asset care schedule compliance, artisan utilisation, employee management control, financial forecast
- Provide advice and problem-solving techniques
- Assist with ensuring compliance with the OHS Act
- Implement aspects of Manufacturing Capability such as 5S and fundamental Reliability Centred Maintenance
- Manage select aspects of Engineering spares
- Develop and implement lubrication management strategies
What you will need to be considered:
- A BSc / B.Eng. in Mechanical Engineering with a minimum average of 60% in the final year of studies
- Any vacation experience or part-time work would be beneficial
What makes you exceptional
- Being focused on finding solutions to problems
- Finding facts and applying logic
- Adopting a conceptual approach when developing new ideas
- Being reliable and completing work within agreed timelines
- Producing high-quality work, being meticulous, and checking the details
- Building and strengthening relationships with others
- Coping well with pressure and remaining calm and composed
- Being confident and articulate when communicating
AVI MECHANICAL ENGINEER GRADUATE INTERNSHIP APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS – HOW TO APPLY
- Step 1: Before you can apply for a position, please ensure that you meet all the above criteria.
- Step 2: Once you have fulfilled step one, please click on the “Apply Now” button to register and apply.
- Step 3: Once you’ve registered and applied, we’ll email you confirmation of receipt. Our Resourcing Team will then carefully assess your application and provide you with feedback every step of the way.
- Applications should reach the AVI team on time, at most 31 July 2021. As it is indicated for each position of interest above.