- 1 Biography of Nameless & Net Worth 2021.
- 1.1 Early life and Education
- 1.2 Awards
- 1.3 Nominations
- 1.4 Nameless Net Worth
Biography of Nameless & Net Worth 2021.
David Mathenge (born August 1, 1976) better known by his stage name Nameless, is a Kenyan pop artist.
Early life and Education
Mathenge was educated at Strathmore School, He rose to fame in 1999 through a star-search contest on Kenya’s urban music station 98.4 Capital FM, which he won with his original song “Megarider.” The song was about a penniless young man who is trying to seduce a woman but only has enough money for Kenya Bus tickets, and not the rich lifestyle she desires. He later recorded the track with producer Tedd Josiah and it went on to be hot on the charts for weeks. This was the turning point in his musical career. He went on to sign with the Ogopa Deejays label in 2001 and collaborated with artists such as the late E-Sir on “Boomba Train,” and Amani on the regional hit “Ninanoki” in 2002, which broke Kenyan chart records by remaining on the charts at number one for nearly four months.
He is regarded as one of modern music pioneers in Kenya alongside his wife Wahu Kagwi.
He has gone on tour across the East African region and in the U.S.A and U.K. In 2004, he released his debut album On Fire. In 2004, Mathenge married Ogopa Deejays label mate Wahu Kagwi. They have two daughters, Tumiso who was born in 2006, and Nyakio born in 2013. He is also an architect and graduated from the University of Nairobi.
South African pop group Jamali’s wildly popular song “Maisha” was the subject of so much controversy with allegations that Jamali had stolen the song from Nameless. The dispute was settled when Jamali released their CD/DVD of Yours Fatally and credited Nameless as one of the writers of “Maisha”.
Nameless has been featured in a song with the Kansoul, ” Moto Wa Kuotea Mbali” which received favorable reviews.
In August 2007, he appeared on the list of 100 most influential Kenyans as selected by The Standard newspaper.
- 2004 Kisima Music Awards – Best Boomba Pop Artist
- 2006 Kisima Music Awards – Best Male Artist, Best Afro Fusion & Best Music Video (Sinzia)
- 2006 Pearl of Africa Music Awards (PAM Awards) – Best Male (Kenya)
- 2007 Tanzania Music Awards – Best East African Single (Sinzia).
- 2007 Channel O Music Video Awards – Best Male Video (“Sinzia”)
- 2008 Pearl of Africa Music Awards – Best Kenyan Male Artist
- 2008 Kisima Music Awards – Male Artist of the Year & Best Video (“Salari”)
- 2009 Tanzania Music Awards – Best East African Single (“Salari”)
- 2009 MTV Africa Music Awards – Best Male & Listener’s Choice
- 2004 Kora Awards – Best African Group (Nameless & Mr. Lenny)
- 2005 Tanzania Music Awards – Best East African Album (“On Fire”)
- 2006 MTV Europe Music Awards 2006 – Best African Act
- 2006 Channel O Music Video Awards – Best East African video (“Juju” featuring Mr. Lenny)
- 2009 MTV Africa Music Awards – Best Performer
Nameless Net Worth
Leonel has been Teacher at Alliant International University since 2013. He began to write about admission details at Course Discovery.