Budgeting, Reporting And Compliance Senior Specialist at Church World Service…See details on how to apply for the opportunities available at Church World Service.
The Senior Specialist Budgeting reporting and compliance will support the Head of Finance with developing and implementing the financial strategy for the RSC Africa Programme.
The jobholder has overall responsibility of the Budgeting & Reporting function with a particular focus on
providing excellent financial business partnering services to the program implementation team. They will also be responsible for ensuring best in class financial management at field office level – including leadership in respect to capacity building; implementing efficient & effective processes; improving and ensuring compliance with internal control systems. The position holder will also be strongly involved with RSC Africa financial planning, finance projects ensuring that the financial component of these projects are successfully implemented.
- This position directly supervises the Budget and reporting officer and has a dotted line report from the Finance Officer, systems and compliance. This position reports directly to the Finance Coordinator.
- BA Degree in Finance and Accounting, Business Administration, or other relevant discipline.
- Chartered Accountant (CPA, ACMA, ACA, ACCA) strongly recommended.
- Minimum of 5 year’s management experience in a corporate or an NGO environment, of which three at a management level within a finance department
- Strategic mindset with the ability to lead, inspire and achieve results in a challenging context
- Strong team player
- Excellent inter–personal skills and able to communicate with diverse set of stakeholders
- Strong analytical, decision making and strategic planning skills with the ability articulate complex information in an easy to understand manner
- Solutions focused with ability to identify weaknesses and drive continuous improvement
- Ability to prioritize, plan ahead, and manage a complex and diverse workload with tight deadlines
- Ability to coach, mentor, delegate appropriately and provide developmental guidance to supervised staff.
- Self–starter who is willing to go the extra mile to get the job done
- Excellent understanding of business and financial planning including strategic modelling.
- Excellent understanding of budgeting and budget management.
- Excellent understanding of financial systems and procedures.
- Excellent understanding of computerized accounts packages, Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- A full appreciation of the value of co–operation, both internationally and within a team environment.
- Understanding of organization vision and mission and a commitment to its objectives and values.
- Written and verbal fluency in English
- 4 years within the INGO / charities sector
- Experience of working on US government funding will be an added advantage.
- Understanding of major donor compliance regulations (USAID, USDA, BPRM etc)
- Highly proficient in Excel and PowerPoint.
- Skilled at learning new technologies quickly.
- Skilled at analyzing processes and translating them into automated solutions.
- Committed to exceptional customer service.
- Skilled at multi–tasking and comfortable with ambiguity.
- Skilled at working in a matrix structure.
- Highly collaborative.
- Committed to and conform with the organization’s mission
Method of Application
Closing Date : 8 October. 2021
Leonel has been Teacher at Alliant International University since 2013. He began to write about admission details at Course Discovery.