Business Intelligence Officer Job at Apollo Life Assurance – APA Insurance… See details on how to apply for the opportunities available at Apollo Life Assurance – APA Insurance.
Apollo Group (Apollo Investments Limited)was an idea born from the need to harness synergies across the insurance business. Built on commitment, integrity and innovation, it has risen to be one of the leading financial groups in East Africa.
- Consulting with end users / Management on business needs, translating business needs into analytics/ reporting requirements
- Interprets business requirements and determines optimum BI solutions to meet business needs.
- Advises executives on how BI (processes, practices and technologies) play a critical role in improving business management and optimization
- Researches business problems and creates models that help analyse these business problems.
- Collaborating with end users to identify needs and opportunities for improved data management and analysis.
- Developing, packaging and delivering new service offerings related to business intelligence, encompassing clearly defined value propositions and creating realistic profitability models
- Develop and improve custom data visualization and analytics tools to help various teams within the group identify trends and best practices, and support in their monitoring of monthly and annual goals
- Develop business intelligence reports – including interactive business intelligence reports, strategic management reports, and ad hoc reports – on a prioritized basis
- Carry out data modelling and build scenarios to allow decision support for various business units within the Group
- coordinating the ongoing development and operations of a business intelligence architecture that enables fact-based decision-making, ad hoc analysis, and insight generation
- To advise generally on the potential for data use across the business, and also to make colleagues aware of any opportunities presented by the datasets for cross-selling.
- Providing regular analysis and interpretation of data and trends to support decision-making by the management team, including text, graphics, and other statistical representations
- Creation of dashboards for the presentation of accurate information to Management at different levels and locations
Information quality assurance
- Overseeing the development of an enterprise data warehouse as part of a Group-wide digital transformation strategy
- Improving and streamlining processes regarding data flow and data quality to improve information confidentiality, integrity and availability
- A relevant qualification, e.g. finance, statistics, economics, business studies, information technology or equivalent expertise.
- Relevant professional qualification from a recognized institution.
- JOB SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Technical Skills: use of BI tools to mine data sources and look for trends
- Strong Analytical Skills: determining what data trends mean. Being able to analyse the data is crucial
- Communication Skills: Communicate their findings to the company and/or managers
- Problem-solving: Recommend solutions for creating more revenue and reducing loss
- Time Management: work on large projects with many data streams and many deadlines. Being able to manage time is crucial.
How to Apply
Submit your CV, copies of relevant documents and Application to [email protected]
Use the title of the position as the subject of the email.
Application Deadline: 5th August 2022.
Leonel has been Teacher at Alliant International University since 2013. He began to write about admission details at Course Discovery.