Case Processing Assistant Job at Church World Service… See details on how to apply for the opportunities available at Church World Service.
Church World Service (CWS) was founded in 1946 and is a cooperative ministry of 37 Christian denominations and communions, providing sustainable self-help, development, disaster relief, and refugee assistance around the world.
- Completes all tasks related to refugee case processing as assigned by the unit Supervisor, ensuring strict adherence to the DOS/BPRM, USCIS, RPC, CWS and RSC Africa policies, guidelines and procedures.
- Maintains complete and accurate records in START and physical files of all actions taken on a case.
- Receives, creates and enters new applications in START.
- Creates physical files and updates data in WRAPS as appropriate.
- Review cases to ensure they are good for Prescreen or USCIS interviews.
- Schedules cases in WRAPS as per the calendar and matrix provided.
- Requests security checks and updates data in START as appropriate.
- Scans and attaches documents in START.
- Holistically reviews and ensures case is ready for the next stage in process.
- Prepares decision letters for onward distribution to refugee applicants.
- Reviews cases in START and physical file and completes travel packets for travel ready cases.
- Conducts regular quality assurance checks to ensure cases are consistently and correctly updated, both electronically and in the physical file.
- Completes other duties as assigned by CWS/RSC Africa Management
- Five (5) years of paid work experience is required, or a Bachelor’s Degree in lieu of five years paid work experience.
- Strong English communication skills, both oral and written
- Demonstrated computer skills, especially with Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Strong organizational and time management skills
How to Apply
Leonel has been Teacher at Alliant International University since 2013. He began to write about admission details at Course Discovery.