Case Processing Manager – Kenya International Hire at Church World Service… See details on how to apply for the opportunities available at Church World Service.
Church World Service (CWS) was founded in 1946 and is a cooperative ministry of 37 Christian denominations and communions, providing sustainable self-help, development, disaster relief, and refugee assistance around the world. The CWS mission is to eradicate hunger and poverty and to promote peace and justice at the national and international level through collaboration with partners abroad and in the US.
This position manages sections of the non-field based USRAP processing activities for RSC Africa. This includes overseeing processing in Case Intake, Scheduling, Namechecks, USCIS Admin, Medicals and Assurances and Travel Processing. This position works closely with the other Case Processing Managers, Case Processing Coordinator, Processing Support Coordinator, Field Processing Coordinator, Cultural Orientation Coordinator, Circuit Ride Specialist, Training Manager, Data Integrity Manager and RSC Africa Deputy Director.
- Eight (8) years of paid work experience is required.
- Three (3) years of direct supervisory experience is required.
- Minimum two (2) years’ work experience at RSC Africa required.
- Thorough knowledge and comprehensive understanding of the US Refugee Admissions Program and START database
- Detailed knowledge of case processing SOPs and the role of START in case processing
- Advanced computer knowledge, specifically with MS Access, MS Outlook, MS Excel and other statistical analysis programs
- Strong English communication skills, both oral and written.
- Strong analytical skills and excellent report-generation skills with the ability to understand, process and document information for a variety of audiences
- Strong supervisory skills and understanding of performance management systems
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
Education & Certifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree or four (4) years of paid work experience in lieu of a Bachelor’s Degree is required.
- Proficiency in English language is a requirement.
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment required.
- Commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion and willingness to support CWS’ Platform on Racial Justice as a CWS employee required.
- COVID Vaccination is required for this role
- The position is based in Nairobi, Kenya with occasional travel to field locations in Sub-Saharan Africa.
- Background check which includes references and an educational criminal check is required before the start of employment for International applicants.
- A valid passport and the ability to maintain a valid passport throughout the entire appointment is required, which includes having enough passport pages for travel. The candidate should be of good health, willing and able to travel occasionally, often in difficult conditions, and have a high degree of flexibility. Must have proof of Yellow Fever vaccination before traveling for RSC Africa.
- International applicants must be legally eligible to work and obtain a work permit in Kenya.
- Employee may be entrusted with the receipt, custody and payment of funds when necessary to carry-out program needs.
- This position requires bending, squatting, crawling, climbing, kneeling, sitting, standing, walking, pushing/pulling, handling objects (manual dexterity), reaching above shoulder level, using fine finger movements and lifting/carrying heavy loads
Method of Application
Closing Date : 30 October. 2021
Leonel has been Teacher at Alliant International University since 2013. He began to write about admission details at Course Discovery.