Case Processing Supervisor – Kenya International Hire at Church World Service… See details on how to apply for the opportunities available at Church World Service.
Church World Service (CWS) was founded in 1946 and is a cooperative ministry of 37 Christian denominations and communions, providing sustainable self-help, development, disaster relief, and refugee assistance around the world. The CWS mission is to eradicate hunger and poverty and to promote peace and justice at the national and international level through collaboration with partners abroad and in the US.
The position is primarily responsible for overseeing a Case Processing Unit, which includes reviewing workload, planning, monitoring work output and carrying out quality control checks on the work output. This position works closely with the Case Processing Managers, Case Processing Coordinators and Data Integrity Manager.
- Five (5) years of paid work experience is required.
- Supervisory experience is preferred.
- Experience leading teams is preferred.
- Strong English communication skills, both oral and written.
- Proficiency with MS Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Access, Outlook) and WRAPS.
- Demonstrated strong leadership and supervisory skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Thorough knowledge of US Refugee Admissions Program overseas processing and databases.
Education & Certifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree or four (4) years of paid work experience in lieu of a Bachelor’s degree is required.
- Proficiency in English language is a requirement.
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment required.
- Commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion and willingness to support CWS’ Platform on
- Racial Justice as a CWS employee required.
- COVID Vaccination is required for this role
- The position is based in Nairobi, Kenya with occasional travel to field locations in Sub-Saharan Africa.
- Background check which includes references and an educational criminal check is required before the start of employment for International applicants.
- A valid passport and the ability to maintain a valid passport throughout the entire appointment is required, which includes having enough passport pages for travel. The candidate should be of good health, willing and able to travel occasionally, often in difficult conditions, and have a high
- degree of flexibility. Must have proof of Yellow Fever vaccination before traveling for RSC Africa.
- International applicants must be legally eligible to work and obtain a work permit in Kenya.
- This position requires bending, squatting, crawling, climbing, kneeling, sitting, standing, walking, pushing/pulling, handling objects (manual dexterity), reaching above shoulder level, using fine finger movements and lifting/carrying heavy loads.
- Employee may be entrusted with the receipt, custody and payment of funds when necessary to carry-out program needs.
Method of Application
Closing Date : 27 October. 2021
Leonel has been Teacher at Alliant International University since 2013. He began to write about admission details at Course Discovery.