Application for the CCRIF Postgraduate Placements to Citizens of CARICOM Member Countries – 2021/2022. Entry is now open at the CCRIF SPC.
CCRIF SPC is a risk-pooling company, owned, operated, and registered in the Caribbean to serve governments in the Wider Caribbean Region and their communities in reducing the economic impact of natural catastrophes. Awards of US$4,000 per year value will be awarded.
CCRIF SPC is a separate portfolio company, which is owned, operated, and registered in the Caribbean. It is the world’s first regional fund, where parametric insurance is used so that member governments have the unique opportunity to buy coverage with the lowest possible value for earthquake, storms and more destruction of rain.
The Scholarships are one of the most prestigious scholarships in the world. The aim of the program is to create a global network of future leaders committed to improving the lives of others.
CCRIF POSTGRADUATE PLACEMENTS ELIGIBILITY
Scholars are selected on the following criteria:
- The criteria are open to CARICOM nationals as well as nationals of the 16 member countries of CCRIF pursuing a course of post-graduate study in any one of the following four programmes:
- Faculty of Science and Technology at Mona for a Masters degree in Natural Resource Management (Option – Disaster Management)
- Faculty of Science and Technology at Cave Hill for a Masters degree in Natural Resource and Environmental Management, Faculty of Engineering at St. Augustine for a Masters degree in Civil and Environmental Engineering, Faculty of Social Sciences at Cave Hill for a Masters degree in Building and Construction Management
- Applicants should be holders of a First Class or Upper Second Class Honours degree or have a GPA of at least 3.0. The programs will be awarded to students who have demonstrated exceptional performance in academic achievement, and preference may be given to involvement in the field of disaster management or sustainable development in the Caribbean and a record of University community service achievements as well as broader community involvement.
- CARICOM member countries and/or CCRIF member countries in the Caribbean (Anguilla, Antigua & Barbuda, Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Bermuda, Cayman Islands, Dominica, Grenada, Haiti, Jamaica, St. Kitts & Nevis, St. Lucia, St. Vincent & the Grenadines, Trinidad & Tobago and Turks & Caicos Islands) can apply.
- Applicants should be holders of a First Class or Upper Second Class Honours degree (or have a GPA of at least 3.0).
- Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
CCRIF POSTGRADUATE PLACEMENTS APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
- To apply, visit the program section on your campus website to obtain the application form then submit it along with the other relevant documents to the Office of Student Financing.
Application must include:
- Office of Graduate Studies and Research at the Cave Hill, Mona, St. Augustine, Campuses or the School for Graduate Studies and Research at the Regional Headquarters, Hermitage Road, Kingston 7, Jamaica W.I., OR
- You can also email a copy of the application with all the relevant documents to sgsr-at-uwimona.edu.jm under subject CCRIF Graduates while we await the original documentation.
- Only applications that have been submitted (with the International Office and registered on the website of the scholarship) before July 2021 will be considered.
Leonel has been Teacher at Alliant International University since 2013. He began to write about admission details at Course Discovery.