Application for the Chicago Merit Awards for International Students in USA – 2021/2022. Entry is now open at the University of Chicago in USA.
The purpose of the award is to provide financial support for international students who wish to study in an undergraduate degree program at the university. The scholarship winners will receive an award amount of at least $2,000 at the University of Chicago. Scholarships can be awarded for four years of undergraduate study or funding for summer opportunities.
Founded in 1890, the University of Chicago is a Chicago-based private research university. It is consistently ranked among the world’s top 15 institutions and offers a wide range of undergraduate and graduate degree programs.
The Scholarships are one of the most prestigious scholarships in the world. The aim of the program is to create a global network of future leaders committed to improving the lives of others.
CHICAGO MERIT AWARDS ELIGIBILITY
Scholars are selected on the following criteria:
- All nationalities are eligible to apply for the award.
- undergraduate degree in any subject area offered by the university
- Students must have high school certificates with a good academic record.
- Candidates must hold a high school degree certificate.
- If your native language is not English are required to take the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL), the International English Language Testing System (IELTS), or the Duolingo English Test (DET).
CHICAGO MERIT AWARDS APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
- To apply, students are advised to enrol in the undergraduate degree coursework at the University by common application or coalition application at the University of Chicago. All first-year applicants are automatically considered for all available merit awards; no additional merit application is required.
Application must include:
- Personal Statement
- UChicago Supplement
- Secondary school report or transcripts
- Letters of recommendation
- Only applications that have been submitted (with the International Office and registered on the website of the scholarship) before November 15, 2021 will be considered.