Chief Data Officer Job at TalentintheCloud… See details on how to apply for the opportunities available at TalentintheCloud.
Affiliate Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Some of the links are affiliate links.
Looking for something new? Why not check out Amazon? They've got a huge selection of products to choose from. Happy shopping! Go to Amazon
TalentintheCloud is a Specialist Recruitment Agency to the FinTech and Payments sector across Africa. We are Headquartered in London and have representatives in South Africa, Nigeria and Kenya.
- Take authority, responsibility, and accountability for exploiting the value of enterprise information assets, and of the analytics used to render insights for decision making, automated decisions and augmentation of human performance. Be the corporate leader of data-driven insights that help support the exploitation of strategic and tactical business opportunities
- Define data and analytics strategy practices, lead the creation (and assure the ongoing relevance) of the firm’s data and analytics strategy in collaboration with the CIO, COO and CEO. Institute an enterprise operating model that is consistent with the capabilities and competencies required to execute the strategy
- Oversee the development and deployment of the enterprise’s data and analytics platform for digital business
- Lead research, strategy creation and development of new data products or services to expand markets, monetize data (directly and indirectly) and grow company revenue
- Expand the organization’s research and analytics offerings, especially in emerging analytical approaches, skills, and technologies, focusing them on digital business innovation
- Foster the creation of a data-driven culture, related competencies, and data literacy across the enterprise
- Identify new kinds, types, and sources of data to enable business innovation throughout the organization. Create and oversee a centralized service for sourcing external data to ensure quality, traceability, timeliness, usability, and cost-effectiveness. Define processes for the effective, integrated introduction of new data
What It Takes To Succeed
- Understanding of cloud platforms and out of the box analytics tools (AWS and Azure, less GCP)
- Understanding of different approaches/tools to use of unstructured and structured data for analytics (data virtualisation, NoSQL, data integration)
- Clear evidence of disciplines of data governance (CDEs and data quality), data privacy, data analytics
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field
- Master’s degree in an appropriate field
- Relevant Professional qualifications
- 10 years overall experience with over three (3) years in management preferably in a banking environment
- Demonstrated leadership skills with good command of oral and written knowledge of English.
How to Apply
Applications close on 31st July 2022.
Leonel has been Teacher at Alliant International University since 2013. He began to write about admission details at Course Discovery.