Chief Executive Officer Job at National Biosafety Authority… See details on how to apply for the opportunities available at National Biosafety Authority.
The National Biosafety Authority (NBA) is a state corporation in Kenya mandated to ensure safety to human and animal health and provide adequate protection of the environment from harmful effects that may result from genetically modified organisms (GMOs). The Authority was established pursuant to the provisions of the Biosafety Act No. 2, 2009 to regulate all activities involving GMOs in food, feed, research, industry, trade and environmental release and it fulfils its mandate by ensuring and assuring safe development, transfer, handling and use of GMOs in Kenya.
- The accounting officer of the Authority;
- Ensuring implementation of the Provision of the Biosafety Act, 2009;
- Ensuring the maintenance of efficiency and discipline by all staff of the Authority; iv. Managing the budget of the Authority to ensure its funds are properly expended and accounted for
- Establishing effective management processes, systems and structure including succession plans and change management;
- Responsible for the executing and communication of the Board’s strategies, decisions and policies;
- Responsible for stakeholder management and the enhancement of the corporate image as well as being the spokesperson of the Authority;
- Ensuring compliance with the relevant laws and statutory obligations;
- Establishing and maintaining harmonious contacts with appropriate National and International institutions dealing with Biosafety;
- Responsible for the coordinating and reporting to the Secretariat of the Convention of Biological Diversity (CBD) as the National Focal Point to the Cartagena Protocol on Biosafety;
- Fostering a culture that promotes ethical practices and good corporate governance;
- Ensuring the Authority leverages on technology to deliver efficient and effective services;
- Guiding in the development and implementation of relevant policies and procedures that give the Authority positive perception and competitive advantage;
- Facilitating the preparation and implementation of the Authority’s strategic and annual work plans;
- Developing networks and partnerships with development partners and spearhead donor collaboration, fundraising and project development within the Authority’s area of jurisdiction; and
- Perform any other function that may be authorized by the Board under the Act.
- Bachelors Degree in any of the following field: Biological Sciences, Biotechnology, Environmental Sciences, Agricultural Sciences, Applied Sciences, Business studies, Social Sciences or other equivalent fields from a recognized Institution;
- Masters Degree in relevant field;
- At least Fifteen (15) years proven experience in a relevant field five (5) years of which must be at the level of senior management;
- Leadership Course lasting not less than four weeks; v. Member of a professional body where applicable and in good standing; and vi. Fulfilled the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution.
How to Apply
Submit your CV, copies of relevant documents and Application to [email protected]
Use the title of the position as the subject of the email.
Application Deadline: 1st August 2022.
Leonel has been Teacher at Alliant International University since 2013. He began to write about admission details at Course Discovery.