Clinical Pharmacist at Karen Hospital…See Details on how to apply for the opportunities available at Karen Hospital.
The Karen Hospital is a 102 bed multispecialty Hospital in Kenya located in Karen along Karen, Langata Road, Nairobi. We offer patient focused, world class medical treatment and accord the highest standards of medical care to all our patients indiscriminately.
- Ensure compliance with professional and legal practice and standard operating procedures
- Fill prescriptions for inpatients and outpatients
- Attend ward rounds and participate in multidisciplinary patient care.
- Conduct drug utilization reviews and engage in clinical and operational research.
- Undertaking clinical checks on all treatment sheets and prescriptions for suitability of treatment.
- Monitor drug therapy and carry out clinical pharmacy interventions for both in patients and outpatients in liaison with the patient care team.
- Reporting, Monitoring and analysis of medication errors, adverse drug reactions and other quality and patient safety indicators.
- Carry out medication use counselling and adherence monitoring for patients on chronic treatment.
- Ensure institutional compliance with antibiotic stewardship guidelines restrictions
- Undertake medication reconciliation during patient admission and discharge.
- Participate and supervise staff in sterile compounding, chemotherapy reconstitution and extemporaneous preparations.
- Provide information and education on drugs and medication therapy to patients, healthcare workers and other hospital personnel.
- To prepare articles on important medication related updates for publication in the hospital newsletter and patient education leaflets.
- Conduct continuous professional development sessions for pharmacy staff
- Master’s in clinical pharmacy
- Registration with the Pharmacy and Poisons Board with a valid annual practicing license.
- Experience of 1 – 2 years after postgraduate in clinical pharmacy.
- Mature, well organized, reliable and shows initiative.
- Good supervisory, interpersonal and communication skills.
- A team player with a problem-solving mind-set.
Method of Application
Submit your CV, copies of relevant documents and Application to [email protected]
Use the title of the position as the subject of the email
Closing Date : 30 September. 2021
Leonel has been Teacher at Alliant International University since 2013. He began to write about admission details at Course Discovery.