Communications and Data Officer Job at Norwegian Church Aid… See details on how to apply for the opportunities available at Norwegian Church Aid.
Norwegian Church Aid (NCA) provideÂ emergency assistanceÂ in disasters, work forÂ long-term developmentÂ in local communities and address the root causes of poverty, weÂ advocate for just decisionsÂ by public authorities, business and religious leaders.
- Development and implementation of the communication strategy for the Eastern Africa Regional Peace Programme.
- Ensure adherence to NCA policies, guidelines and handbooks on communication and project information management.
- Provide support in conveying up-to-date information about the Eastern Africa Regional Peace Programme to internal and external audiences.
- Lead in preparing and producing publications and content crucial for the organization’s work for internal and external use.
- Capacity building of staff and partners in communications.
- Capacity building: Developing member capacity to improve communications quality and collaboration across the membership. This involves:
- Designing and developing training kits and communications templates
- Assisting with communications work within the region
- Leading training sessions to improve capacity among staff and regional partners
- Facilitating strategic external communication collaboration among regional partners
- Gathering, coordinating, and disseminating communications material in emergencies
- Developing and maintaining contact with communications staff in RPP partner organisations
- Media relations: Building and maintaining media relations; undertaking media work and monitoring coverage including supporting the management in preparation of press releases and responding to media enquiries.
- Event visibility: Identifying opportunities and ensuring visibility of RPP at key events; managing communication aspects related to RPP’s presence at events.
- Materials development: Undertaking and managing the development of RPP materials for promotional and/or fundraising activities, including writing, and editing newsletters, factsheets, brochures and materials for meetings, events, field use, as well ensuring their appropriate and timely dissemination.
- Social Media Management: Implement a social media strategy for Regional Peace Programme based on the global social media strategy for NCA. Develop content for social media including videos, pictures and change stories.
- Project information management: support the storage of programme information and ensure that all project information in NCA database is up to date.
OTHER DUTIES / FUNCTIONS ASSIGNED TO THE POSITION
- Must be available to travel on short notice as the job demands.
- The communication officer is expected to be flexible and be able to give assistance with different RPP activities not included in this primary job description as per direction from immediate supervisor.
- Be available to represent NCA at different fora.
- Network and work closely with information and communications department at NCA Head Office.
- University Degree in Journalism, Communications, or other relevant educational background.
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience in communication work from media, FBOs, or INGOs.
- Outstanding written and spoken English; knowledge of French will be an added advantage:
- Ability to communicate complex development issues in a popular manner.
- Strong organizational skills, with ability to meet deadlines.
- Technical skills in the use of social media for effective communications.
- Advanced skills in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Documented research, data interpretation and writing skills for producing inputs – both text and photos – to various media including newspapers, websites, and magazines.
- Hands on experience with photography and simple video productions.
- Experience in providing capacity building for staff
- He/she must have good knowledge of Humanitarian standards and principles including Do No Harm, SPHERE, Child Protection and Core Humanitarian Standards on accountability,
Leonel has been Teacher at Alliant International University since 2013. He began to write about admission details at Course Discovery.