Communications Manager Job at International Rescue Committee… See details on how to apply for the opportunities available at International Rescue Committee.
The International Rescue Committee is a global humanitarian aid, relief and development nongovernmental organization.
- Stay abreast of the media landscape in IRC’s programmatic regions including Africa, Asia, Europe, Latin America, and Middle East and updating media lists with key reporter contacts.
- Monitor the news cycle daily and update team to relevant topics, drafting responses to emergency news cycle moments as appropriate.
- Draft press releases and feature pitches and send to key media outlets as needed.
- Maintain calendar of upcoming media moments.
- Support the development of TORs for content trips and help to package and share stories to be used across digital and fundraising channels.
- Travel to visit frontline programming to gather content or staff media visits as needed.
- Draft web articles and social media posts as needed.
- Draft External Messaging and Communications Master Documents to be used by External Relations teams across multiple channels.
- Give up to 20% of time to support regional and local communications and advocacy objectives.
- Gather and package information about IRC programs in the region including major reports, assessments, success stories, case studies, factsheets, media pitches and other resources, and work with internal stakeholders to use this information to promote IRC’s work to external target audiences.
- Pitch stories about the IRC’s work to top-tier international media outlets.
- Work with Communications Generalists and global content staff to ensure content is in line with messaging and brand guidelines.
- Work with Global Communications and Content Officers on other communications initiatives as needed.
- 2 – 4 years of professional experience producing external communications products for a global audience
- Superb interviewing, writing and storytelling skills. Able to unpack complex situations and synthesize large amounts of information to produce user-friendly content
- Experience working with international media outlets and proven record of landing top-tier media coverage
- Ability to prioritize multiple priorities and produce high-quality outcomes on a short deadline
- Ability to travel, occasionally at short notice and sometimes under strenuous conditions
- Education: B.A. degree in journalism, communications, media production or related field.
Leonel has been Teacher at Alliant International University since 2013. He began to write about admission details at Course Discovery.