Communications Specialist Job, East Africa at Internews Network… See details on how to apply for the opportunities available at Internews Network.
Affiliate Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Some of the links are affiliate links.
Looking for something new? Why not check out Amazon? They've got a huge selection of products to choose from. Happy shopping! Go to Amazon
Internews empowers people worldwide with the trustworthy, high-quality news and information they need to make informed decisions, participate in their communities, and hold power to account. We seek to realize the potential of a digitally connected world: a world in which evidence-based information advances human progress, enables broad opportunity and accountability, and fuels vibrant civic debat
- Help conservation partners to design better communications strategies and explain their mission and value to the public;
- Develop the social media component of the East African Biodiversity Knowledge Hub;
- Post on relevant platforms(Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and LinkedIn, and TikTok), sharing biodiversity stories, resource materials, recordings from webinars ,reports, and news from conservation partners;
- Build the audience for the Hub’s content and EJN convenings;
- Work closely with the project manager, consultant(s), and partners to , provide journalistic, accurate, reliable information on biodiversity that helps combat misinformation and lays the groundwork for other organizations to promote their conservation missions;
- In all duties, demonstrate an understanding of and commitment to upholding Internews’ Core Values
QUALIFICATIONS WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- University degree in Communications or Journalism OR equivalent social/digital marketing training or experience
- Experience working with grassroots/locally-led organizations as a communications lead or social media specialist.
- Experience and understanding of legacy media
- In-depth knowledge of social media platforms
- Expertise in designing and implementing communications and/or social media strategies and campaigns
- Experience with social media analytics tools
- Media networks and contacts, or ability to build such networks
- Demonstrated ability to work with and build conservation partners social media communications skills from “where they are,” and help them better tell their own organizational stories effectively on various platforms (blogs, websites, podcasts, social networking sites, etc.)
- Experience developing communication materials like press releases and fact/ tip sheets
- Experience working with conservation/environmental and biodiversity-related fields
- Proven ability to work with diverse peoples and organizations
How to Apply
Application Deadline: 20th August 2022.
Leonel has been Teacher at Alliant International University since 2013. He began to write about admission details at Course Discovery.