Compliance AML Intelligence Officer- VP at Citi… See details on how to apply for the opportunities available at Citi.
Citibank N.A. Kenya has been operating in Kenya since 1974 and has two branches in Nairobi and Mombasa, serving Corporate and Institutional clients. Citibank Kenya is the regional hub for the Citi East Africa cluster, which covers Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania and Zambia. It’s the only solely corporate bank in Kenya. Businesses Citi Kenya is structured around business segments, product groups, operations and technology and staff units. The business segment that caters to our diverse customer base is our Institutional Clients Group, which includes the global relationship banking services we provide for top-tier local corporate clients. As a part of our business focus and broader market reach, in 1999 we expanded our target market to cater to the emerging and vibrant middle and lower market tiers.
Our international footprint will give you access to unique intelligence and decades of experience. And by joining our Anti-Money Laundering team – one of the most international areas at Citi – you will touch every aspect of the company and make critical decisions for our clients, for your career, for every employee, and for the business.
The Compliance AML Intel Officer is a strategic professional who stays abreast of developments within own field and contributes to directional strategy by considering their application in own job and the business. Recognized technical authority for an area within the business. Requires basic commercial awareness. There are typically multiple people within the business that provide the same level of subject matter expertise. Developed communication and diplomacy skills are required in order to guide, influence and convince others, in particular colleagues in other areas and occasional external customers. Significant impact on the area through complex deliverables. Provides advice and counsel related to the technology or operations of the business. Work impacts an entire area, which eventually affects the overall performance and effectiveness of the sub-function/job family.
- Analyze and proactively identify risks and new AML concerns. Review recent news, court documents, and public/private sector white papers.
- Identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets; review computer reports, printouts, and performance indicators to locate and correct code problems.
- Gather raw data from prior AML Investigations, subpoenas, and prior escalations to detect trends and “connect the dots” amongst disparate data sets. Interpret data, analyze results using statistical techniques and provide ongoing reports; present data in charts, graphs, tables, design and develop relational databases for collecting data and building or designing data input/data collection screens.
- Identify and research high risk areas / typologies and trigger events for risk severity and sensitivity evaluation.
- Work collaboratively to analyze and review typologies to establish review processes.
- Utilize pertinent information to write clear and concise summary on the findings of the investigation to advise senior management on next steps.
- Make recommendations to senior management on next course of action – either relationship retention or termination and, when warranted, prepare Suspicious Activity Reports (SARs).
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm’s reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
- AML Certification
- 6-10 years prior work experience in a financial institution with job specific work experience in AML
- Consistently demonstrates clear and concise written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Bachelor’s/University degree, Master’s degree preferred
Method of Application
Closing Date : 30 October. 2021