Contracts Manager Job at International Rescue Committee… See details on how to apply for the opportunities available at International Rescue Committee.
The International Rescue Committee is a global humanitarian aid, relief and development nongovernmental organization.
- Support project leads in partner identification and selection, coordinating with relevant in-country and global teams as relevant.
- Lead and handle the administration of pre-award due diligence processes with all new sub-awards, including desk reviews, Anti-Terrorism Compliance, and reference and community checks.
- Project manage partner capacity assessments, coordinating with functional experts (finance, compliance, HR, supply chain, etc.) to review partner policies and operating procedures, identify potential areas of risk, and ensure full internal review processes are complete prior to contracting.
- Manage timelines and review periods of contracting processes to ensure we are executing subawards efficiently to support project and partner implementation.
- Draft sub-award agreements and follow IRC internal review process of all sub-award documentation and coordinate to get all vital approvals.
- Work with counterparts in partner organizations to review and negotiate contract terms, facilitating negotiation with IRC legal and compliance teams.
- Support partners throughout project implementation, serving as the go-to person for all contract and partner support requests.
- Develop guidance documents required for project partners including manuals, templates and guidance notes for various aspects of grants and contract management
- Partner with project finance and grants staff to manage partner budget realignments, financial reporting and invoicing.
- Review partner contract deliverables, including technical and financial reports, workplans, and asset and risk registers.
- Lead in organizing and conducting review meetings with partners, ensuring inputs from program, finance and compliance staff are received and included.
- Maintain an in-depth knowledge on donor and government policies and support colleagues to ensure that Partners’ responsibilities are tracked and evaluated, and that updates on their contract management performance are communicated in a timely and professional manner to appropriate stakeholders.
Demonstrated Skills and Competencies:
- Minimum 2-3 years of related work experience, preferably for an International Non-Governmental Organization
- Demonstrated experience managing complex grants and projects throughout implementation, including compliance, monitoring and reporting processes.
- Excellent project management skills, including the ability to manage multiple stakeholder engagements within workplans and necessary timelines.
- Experience of working with local and international partners in monitoring and capacity building.
- Experience in negotiation of programmatic and financial contractual arrangements with donors and partners.
- Understanding of donor compliance and contractual requirements as they apply to grant management, particularly large public funders (FCDO, USAID, ECHO, etc.)
- Excellent organizational skills: the ability to multi-task, learn quickly, and work independently and productively in a fast-paced and detail-oriented environment with minimal supervision.
- Fluency in English, both verbal and written is required
Bonus if you also have:
- Experience with donor-funded contracts, and milestone/payment-by-results based contracts.
- Experience working on FCDO commercial contracts.
- Fluency in French and/or Arabic.
Leonel has been Teacher at Alliant International University since 2013. He began to write about admission details at Course Discovery.