Correspondent Job – Elgeyo Marakwet at Royal Media Group… See details on how to apply for the opportunities available at Royal Media Group.
Affiliate Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Some of the links are affiliate links.
Looking for something new? Why not check out Amazon? They've got a huge selection of products to choose from. Happy shopping! Go to Amazon
Royal Media Services Limited is the largest electronic Media House in Kenya. Home to the most popular television and radio channels according to audience share, at Royal Media Services we fashion our programming primarily to connect with our audiences. Our brands are Citizen TV, Inooro TV, Radio Citizen, Ramogi FM, Inooro FM, Musyi FM, Chamgei FM, Muuga FM, Egesa FM, Bahari FM, Mulembe FM, Wimwaro FM, Sulwe FM, Hot 96 and Vuuka FM.
- Ability to shoot visual content, report, write, edit and produce stories on deadline for multiple platforms – Tv,Radio, digital and social platforms
- Superior on-camera presentation
- Capture quality footage
- Edit footage as needed
- Provide practical and creative input to scene planning
- Offer creative and innovative ideas for elevated storytelling
- Excellent writing skills, with solid news judgment and ethical decision-making skills
- Generating ideas for news stories and news features
- Following leads from news agencies, the police, the public, press conferences and other sources
- Generating ideas to head of desks , editors and producers
- Writing scripts for bulletins, headlines and special reports
- Exercising judgment on the best story angle
- Preparing material for both pre-recorded and live pieces
- Developing and maintaining useful contacts and relations with news sources
Academic and professional/work Experience
- Degree in journalism, mass communications or any other related field
- At least one year relevant experience as a reporter / correspondent in a busy media house.
- Excellent written and spoken Swahili, Marakwet and Keiyo (Attach Swahili, Marakwet and Keiyo demo in mp3 format)
- An edge for news or features, ability for quick thinking, persistence, personal initiative and a good memory
- Sound knowledge of the local and international social, political and economic news-shaping environment
- A clear communicating voice
- Ability to report accurately and impartially.
How to Apply
Submit your CV, copies of relevant documents and Application to [email protected]
Use Job Ref No. HR/ER/CORRE/5/2022 as the subject of the email.
Application Deadline: 10th May 2022.
Leonel has been Teacher at Alliant International University since 2013. He began to write about admission details at Course Discovery.