Credit Analyst Job at Root Capital… See details on how to apply for the opportunities available at Root Capital.
Credit Analysis (60%)
- Support the Portfolio Manager / Loan Officer to collect, verify and analyze information for potential or actual credits in priority areas, mainly in sustainable agriculture.
- Prepare along with the Portfolio Manager / Loan Officers, the credit proposals/memos, for presentation and consideration by the credit committee. Deliver additional reports, regarding operations as required by Portfolio Manager.
- Collaborate with designated team members in the organization to negotiate structure and legally document the loan documents. Support the closing process of each approved credit.
- Maintain relations with the client, as necessary and continuous monitoring of the activities for the approved credits, according to the procedures established by Root Capital.
- Collaborate with the Portfolio Manager review to update the qualification of risk during the analysis of the credit proposal and during the life of the loan once it is disbursed.
- Analyze periodic monitoring reports from designated clients, third-party monitors and discuss with the Risk Manager.
- Support the execution of “due diligence” of businesses in every stage of the loan’s application, to ensure well-informed decision-making and qualification of the risk involved.
- Critically analyze the financial statements and apply financial, commercial, environmental and social criteria to the actual and considered credits, providing recommendations for payment and monitoring the repayment of the loans disbursed.
- Ensure client covenant compliance in line with loan agreement/approved terms and conditions.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Banking, Business Administration or related field required.
- 3-5 years experience in financial and credit analysis in East Africa required.
- Experience with small and medium enterprises (SME) or agricultural lending is desirable.
- 2 years experience in SME financing and credit analysis desired.
- The ability to understand and learn the organization’s credit policies and credit analysis is a requirement.
- Strong experience with Microsoft Word and Excel is necessary. Additional knowledge of financial software is a plus.
How to Apply
Submit your CV, copies of relevant documents, language abilities, salary requirements, how you learned of the position and your application letter to [email protected]
Note: Use Credit Analyst followed your Last and First name as the subject of the email.
Application Deadline: 15th November 2021.