Application for the DAAD International Awards in Architecture in Germany – 2021/2022. Entry is now open at the DAAD in Germany.
The motive of the bursary is to support International applicants commencing in a master’s in architecture. The applicants must be enrolled and accepted at the university they applied to receive the program. The applicants will be provided 861 EUR per month along with travel expenses, monthly rent, one-off study allowance, sum towards health, accident, and personal liability insurance cover for the duration of their study up to 2 years or 24 months.
The German Academic Exchange Service, or DAAD, is the world’s largest funding organization for the international exchange of students and researchers. It continuously monitors developments in the field of coronavirus and flexibly adapts its activities to changing situations.
The Scholarships are one of the most prestigious scholarships in the world. The aim of the program is to create a global network of future leaders committed to improving the lives of others.
DAAD INTERNATIONAL AWARDS ELIGIBILITY
Scholars are selected on the following criteria:
- International entrants from all overseas countries are eligible to apply to receive this application.
- Applicants are eligible to apply for a master’s degree in architecture.
- The applicants who have gained a first university degree in a relevant field.
- The applicants must not have been a resident of Germany for more than 15 months.
- The applicants must be accepted by the host university.
- The applicants are required to hold a degree in the areas of Architecture, Interior Design, Monument Conservation, Urban Planning/Urban Development, Regional Planning, Landscape Architecture, and Landscape Planning to be accepted in a master’s degree under this application.
- The applicants are required to provide test scores of TOEFL, IELTS, or equivalent. Fluency in German is a plus.
DAAD INTERNATIONAL AWARDS APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
- The students must complete the application process of the university they desire to be admitted to.
- The students are required to apply through the DAAD website to apply to avail of the program.
Application must include:
- An officially certified copy of your higher education entrance qualification
- An overview of your subjects and grades (with official translation)
- Certified copies of your previous higher education certificates, if applicable
- A passport photograph
- A photocopy of your passport (name and photograph)
- Certified copies of language certificate
- Online application form
- Full curriculum vitae in tabular form
- Statement about academic and personal reasons for the planned study project in Germany
- Only applications that have been submitted (with the International Office and registered on the website of the scholarship) before December 31, 2021 will be considered.