Data Protection Officer Job at Airtel… See details on how to apply for the opportunities available at Airtel.
Affiliate Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Some of the links are affiliate links.
Looking for something new? Why not check out Amazon? They've got a huge selection of products to choose from. Happy shopping! Go to Amazon
Bharti Airtel Limited is an Indian global telecommunications services company based in New Delhi, India. It operates in 18 countries across South Asia, Africa, and the Channel Islands.
- Act as the primary point of contact within Airtel Kenya for members of staff, regulators, and any relevant public bodies on issues related to data protection and promote a culture of data protection compliance across all units of the organization
- Drive implementation of essential elements of the Data Protection Act, such as the principles of data processing, data subjects’ rights, data protection by design and by default, records of processing activities, security of processing, and notification and communication of data breaches
- Maintain records of all data processing activities carried out by Airtel Kenya and provide employee training on the subject matter to raise employee awareness on data privacy and security issues
- Review data breaches identified and/or reported, together with the business, and make follow up for adequate reporting with lessons learnt for all identified data breaches
- Perform Data Protection Impact Assessments for projects and any new products and services where personal data will be processed
- Ensure all queries from data subjects seeking to exercise their rights are responded to within required timeframes and required reports are timely filed with the regulator
- Initiate, review and update Data Protection policies and procedures periodically and monitor compliance of the same within Airtel Kenya
- Review vendor contracts to drive achievement of 100% inclusion of data protection clauses in partnership with Supply Chain, Information Security and legal functions
- Collaborate with the Information Security function(s) to maintain records of all data assets and exports, and maintain a data security incident management plan to ensure timely remediation of reported incidents
- Implement measures and a privacy governance framework to manage data use in compliance with the Data Protection Act, including developing requisite templates for data collection, mapping, and vendor management reviews.
Qualifications, competencies and behavior required:
- Degree in Law, Business or IT security with experience working in a regulated industry
- Holders of CIPP/ CIPM/ CIPT certifications will be an added advantage
- 3- 5 years’ work experience within a legal, audit and/or risk function department
- Understanding of telco business processes, operations, information systems, data security and protection needs will be an added advantage
- Strong project management skills with ability to build and maintain strong relationships and networks
- High professional ethics and integrity with ability to maintain discretion at all times.
- Proactive individual with communication skills.
- Detail-oriented, resilient with good follow up skills
Leonel has been Teacher at Alliant International University since 2013. He began to write about admission details at Course Discovery.