Data Protection Officer Job at KCB Bank Kenya… See details on how to apply for the opportunities available at KCB Bank Kenya.
- Act as the primary point of contact within the Bank for members of staff, regulators, and any relevant data protection authorities.
- Ensure the Bank’s policy is in accordance with the Data Protection Act, 2019.
- Evaluate the existing data protection framework and identify areas of non or partial compliance and rectify any issues.
- Conduct regular assessments to ensure the Bank’s compliance with the data protection laws.
- Be proactive in horizon scanning for proposed and actual changes to data protection laws and guidelines to ensure awareness of changes in the regulatory environment, and to advise the business on how to be market-leading in its data protection strategy.
- Review and advise the business teams in relation to data subject access requests and support the teams to provide responses. Advise the business teams on any matters in relation to data protection compliance.
- Promote a culture of data protection compliance across all units of the organization.
- Identify and evaluate the Bank’s data processing activities and keep the Bank’s data processing inventory updated at all times.
- A proven ability to provide independent, objective views of risk and innovative solutions to problems, with the capability to articulate these up to the board level.
- Personal motivation and drive are exhibited through a commitment to hard work, continuous improvement, and achievement of goals.
For the above position, the successful applicant should have the following:
- Degree in Information Technology, Legal, Risk Management or Business-related field.
- Hold at least one Data Protection and/or Privacy certification, CISA, CRISC, CDPSE.
- Minimum of 8 years’ experience within a Risk, Compliance or Legal function, with experience in Privacy Compliance.
- Experience in Data Privacy laws within the region and/or EU Data Privacy laws.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to establish and maintain trust and credibility at all levels.
- Able to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office products.
- Ability to lead, influence and drive change initiatives in support of business strategies within the department/unit.
How to Apply
Application Deadline: 6th December 2021.
Leonel has been Teacher at Alliant International University since 2013. He began to write about admission details at Course Discovery.