Database Administrator Job at Britam… See details on how to apply for the opportunities available at Britam.
- Assists in maintaining database backup and recovery infrastructure
- Making requested changes, updates and modifications to database structures and data
- Addressing data quality issues with users and management
- Developing database objects and structures for data storage, retrieval and reporting according to specifications
- Implementing and testing database design and functionality and tuning for performance
- Providing support to systems developers and interfacing with business users to ensure the database is satisfying business requirements
- Managing the user expectations. Periodic, planned proactive visits to internal customers with reports and requests action within agreed timeframes.
- Define service level agreements (SLAs) both internally and with our customers.
- Define metrics to ensure we are meeting those SLAs and holding the support team accountable.
- Set goals for MTR (Mean Time to Resolution) for all support issues, including escalated incidents.
- Create and/or put in place metrics for reporting the management and effectiveness of SLAs compared to desired performance.
- Monitor SLA performance for compliance with organizational needs and requirements, including follow-up checks for corrective action.
- Provide recommendations based on analysis of trending information.
- Oversee continuous service level improvement initiatives associated with core processes and mission-critical systems.
Knowledge, experience and qualifications required
- Degree in science/Engineering/Computer Science
- Oracle Certified Database Administrator
- Microsoft Certified Database Administrator
- ITIL intermediate
- In-depth understanding of Microsoft Azure cloud
- Knowledge of kubernetes
- Knowledge in NoSql database
- Minimum of 2 – 4 years’ experience in a 24×7 service provider environment
How to Apply
Applications close on 5th August 2022.
Leonel has been Teacher at Alliant International University since 2013. He began to write about admission details at Course Discovery.