Database Administrator Job at Co-operative Bank of Kenya… See details on how to apply for the opportunities available at Co-operative Bank of Kenya.
- Monitoring performance and managing parameters to provide fast query responses to front-end users ensuring the performance of production databases.
- Monitoring including systems logs, events, and event correlation and maintaining performance statistics and setting baseline statistics.
- Monitoring and managing the high availability components including RAC, Data Guard, RMAN, ASM, and the underlying infrastructure for mission-critical databases.
- Developing, managing and testing backup and recovery plans and ensuring that storage, archiving, backup and recovery procedures are functioning properly.
- Take lead role in the various I.T. audits in providing necessary information and enforcing the closure of audit, change management and compliance issues.
- Manage key I.T. risks for all database systems and ensure proper mitigation.
- Take a lead role in BCP and disaster recovery preparedness through periodic testing as scheduled and update of disaster recovery procedures and sharing the results with management.
- Team up with applications support, development and infrastructure team in the development, implementation, management of applications, infrastructure, and monitor system health in order to proactively identify weaknesses and address them.
- Perform database tasks such as schema design, capacity planning, maintenance, troubleshooting, and change control activities.
- Considering both back-end organization of data and front-end accessibility for end-users and further refining the physical design to meet system storage requirements.
- Installing database management systems (RDBMS) using best practice; ensuring compliance with RDBMS license agreements and maintaining upgrades and critical patches.
- Bachelor’s degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, Information Technology, or related discipline, or equivalent.
- 3 -5 years in database technology with experience deploying database and data warehousing technologies (e.g. High Availability, Real Application Clusters, ESBU Backups, Partitioning, Oracle DataGuard) in production environments.
- Oracle RDBMS 11g/12c OCP certification as well as strong SQL and PLSQL skills including data warehouse objects such as partitioning and materialized views.
- Skills in Oracle RDBMS 19c
- Skills in Oracle Engineered Systems e.g. Oracle SuperCluster, Exalytics, Exadata Storage, ZFS storage and SmartScan.
How to Apply
Submit your CV, copies of relevant documents, and Application to [email protected]
Note: Use job reference number DBA2/ICTI/2021 as the subject of the email.
Application Deadline: 5th December 2021.
Leonel has been Teacher at Alliant International University since 2013. He began to write about admission details at Course Discovery.