Application for the Department of Civil Engineering Awards for International Students in Japan – 2021/2022. Entry is now open at the University of Tokyo in Japan.
Students who want to study the restoration from natural disasters, as well as urban disasters caused by pandemics, rapid population growth, and poverty, will be given this award. Selected students will get a monthly stipend, living expenses, and other educational fees. The winning applicants will be provided the admission fee, examination fee, tuition fee, a round-trip air ticket, living expenses, and a monthly allowance of 150,000YEN.
The University of Tokyo is a public research university that ranks 1st in the nation and aims to nurture global leaders with a strong sense of public responsibility and a pioneering spirit, possessing both deep specialism and broad knowledge.
The Scholarships are one of the most prestigious scholarships in the world. The aim of the program is to create a global network of future leaders committed to improving the lives of others.
DEPARTMENT OF CIVIL ENGINEERING AWARDS ELIGIBILITY
Scholars are selected on the following criteria:
- Applicants from all international countries are eligible.
- Students can undertake master’s or doctoral study in the field of disaster restoration, urban growth, and poverty at the University of Tokyo.
- The applicants must not be permanent residents of Japan.
- The applicants are required to completed 16 years of school education or equivalent or have a master’s degree certification.
- The students must submit scores of the following English language proficiency tests: TOEFL IBT – 90, IELTS – 6.5, and JLPT Level N1.
DEPARTMENT OF CIVIL ENGINEERING AWARDS APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
Application must include:
- Master degree
- Bachelor degree
- Academic transcripts
- Financial information
- Only applications that have been submitted (with the International Office and registered on the website of the scholarship) before 15th October, 2021 will be considered.