Director Of Climate Change Job at Kisii County…See Details on how to apply for the opportunities available at Kisii County.
- Director Of Climate Change
- Planning, organizing, and directing of the technical and administrative activities of a section of professional staff.
- Development of County programs, policies, standards, guidelines and legislation.
- Provide professional scientific/technical advice and recommendation in support of department decision-making and county program delivery.
- Provide technical guidance and support that informs proposals, project implementation and overall organizational strategy in environment and climate change matters.
- Guide on departmental research and analysis on policy developments related to climate change.
- Make climate change recommendations for actions such as legislation, awareness campaigns.
- Promote initiatives to mitigate climate change.
- Establish monitoring and evaluation systems of climate change.
- Serve as the secretary to the County Climate Change Steering Committee.
- Establish and manage a county registry for appropriate mitigation actions by private and public entities.
- Collate, verify, refine and disseminate knowledge and information on climate change.
- Collaborate with other agencies of national and county governments in identifying, developing, coordinating and
- Must have served cumulatively for a period of seven years in a relevant or comparable position.
- A Masters Degree in Environmental Science, Environmental Education, Climate Change, Natural Resource Management or in a related field from a recognized university.
- Demonstrated administrative and professional competence in the field of environment, environmental planning, or
- environmental awareness and public participation.
- Have attended Senior Management Course lasting not less than four weeks
- Have attended Strategic Leadership and Development Programme Course lasting not less than six weeks.
Leonel has been Teacher at Alliant International University since 2013. He began to write about admission details at Course Discovery.