Director, Projects and Programmes Job at Nairobi Metropolitan Area Transport Authority… See details on how to apply for the opportunities available at Nairobi Metropolitan Area Transport Authority.
Affiliate Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Some of the links are affiliate links.
Looking for something new? Why not check out Amazon? They've got a huge selection of products to choose from. Happy shopping! Go to Amazon
- Development, coordination and implementation of policies, strategies, standards, procedures and guidelines on MRTS and NMT Infrastructure;
- Developing and maintaining MRTS and NMT infrastructure and associated facilities
- Reviewing, adapting and development of MRTS standards and specification;
- Ensures MRTS and NMT infrastructure is integrated with all modes of transport in NMA;
- Monitors programmes and project implementation through set timelines, budgets and resource allocation;
- Prepares periodic MRTS and NMT programmes and projects reports;
- Prepares funding proposals for MRTS and NMT projects and programmes;
- Ensures Transport plans are integrated to the land use plans in the Nairobi Metropolitan Area NMA;
- Oversees the effective implementation of approved projects and maintenance activity;
- Develops implementation agreements with other government agencies or private entities for execution;
- Develops feedback mechanisms for service delivery programmes;
- Ensures the formulation and development of a sustainable, evidential based and integrated public transport strategy for the metropolitan area;
- Ensures the formulation and development of Strategic Urban Mobility Transport Plan (SUMP) for the metropolitan area;
- Responsible for the preparation of annual work programmes and budgets for road planning and development;
- Coordinates the introduction of modern management techniques and approaches on MRTS;
- Provides guidance on contract design and management of MRTS projects
- Ensures compliance with the relevant environmental laws and social regulations
- Provides support to development initiatives in the Authority and ensuring environmental and social development issues are addressed.
Requirements for Appointment:
- A minimum period of twelve (12) years in relevant work experience and at least four (4) years in management role in a position in the Public Service or Private Sector;
- Master’s degree in Civil Engineering, Architecture, Project Management/ Construction Management, Economics, Statistics, Transport Planning, Project Management, Environmental Science, Urban Management, Mathematics, or any other relevant qualifications;
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering, Architecture, Project Management/ Construction Management, Economics, Statistics, Transport Planning, Project Management, Urban Management, or any other equivalent qualifications;
- Leadership course lasting not less than four (4) weeks from a recognized institution;
- Registered with an accredited and recognized professional body;
- Proficiency in computer skills
- Demonstrated results in work performance; and
- Fulfil the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution.
- Application Letter;
- Copies of academic certificates and testimonials;
- A copy of the National Identity Card or Valid Passport;
- Updated Curriculum Vitae (CV) detailing current position, qualifications, working experience, current and expected salary, a working email and Daytime telephone number;
- Indicate the Position applied for on the Envelope.
OTHER KEY REQUIREMENTS
- Kenya Revenue Authority (Tax Compliance Certificate);
- Higher Education Loans Board (HELB Clearance Certificate);
- Criminal Investigations Department (Certificate of Good Conduct);
- An approved Credit Reference Bureau (CRB Report);
- Ethics and Anticorruption Commission (Dully filled and completed first schedule (s.13) and self-declaration form stamped by the EACC.
Leonel has been Teacher at Alliant International University since 2013. He began to write about admission details at Course Discovery.