The application for the Discovery Foundation Academic Fellowship Awards for the academic year 2021/2022 is now open by Discovery Foundation for all South Africans in South Africa.
The Discovery Foundation hereby invites all outstanding students to apply for the 2021/2022 Awards. It is meant for students that intend to, or are currently studying towards degree and diploma programmes that are aligned to the following listed below:
- Academic Fellowship
Update: How to Apply for the 2022 FSCA Actuarial Science Awards
DISCOVERY FOUNDATION ACADEMIC FELLOWSHIP AWARDS APPLICATION ELIGIBILITY
- Applications are invited from recently qualified clinical (medical) specialists who wish to pursue research towards a Master’s or Doctoral degree.
- Preference will be given to applicants who work on full-time research. However, limited clinical work in an academic setting is also
- Consideration will only be given to those applicants who present clearly defined research projects that have the support of the host institution.
- Evidence should be provided of the value of the proposed research and its application to teaching, knowledge generation and development in the field of clinical medicine and public healthcare.
HOW TO APPLY FOR DISCOVERY FOUNDATION ACADEMIC FELLOWSHIP AWARDS
The applicants must have South African citizenship or permanent residency and must reside in South Africa at the time of submitting an application. They must submit the following documents:
- A 300 word summary that outlines how the research will benefit the applicant, the host university, the health system and the country as a whole
- A full curriculum vitae outlining previous experience in teaching, research, clinical service, or health management and leadership
- A full budget breakdown, without which the application will be disqualified
- A 300 word summary of the research proposal
- A letter of support from the host institution
- Inclusion of HPCSA registration number if applicable
- If relevant, a letter of acceptance from the overseas institution.
- Please note: Short-listed applicants must be available for an interview, if required.
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS
- Completed applications need to be submitted on or before 23 October 2021.
- How to Apply for the SAMRC RCDI-nested Postdoc Fellowship >>>
- How to Apply for the CETA Awards >>>
- How to Apply for the Unisa Honours Awards >>>
- How to Apply for the GrandWest Awards >>>
- How to Apply for the UWC Financial Aid
- How to Apply for the FoodBev SETA Research and Innovation Awards >>>
- How to Apply for the DAC Bursaries for Heritage-related Studies >>>
- How to Apply for the Multichoice Awards >>>
- How to Apply to the University of Nairobi Research and Innovation Fellowship >>>
- How to Apply for the NRF Postgraduate Scholarships >>>
- How to Apply for the Vaal University NDT Level Certification Awards >>>
- How to Apply for the GCRA Awards >>>
Don’t miss out on current updates, kindly & follow us on Follow @coursediscovery OR
Leonel has been Teacher at Alliant International University since 2013. He began to write about admission details at Course Discovery.