Driver at Abt Associates… See details on how to apply for the opportunities available at Abt Associates.
Abt Associates is a global leader in research, evaluation and program implementation; driving innovation and measurable impact for more than 50 years. What sets us apart is our evidence-based and multi-disciplinary approach to solving tough challenges in health, social and environmental policy and international development. Specific areas we work in include: â€¢ Health â€¢ Education and workforce development â€¢ Climate change and the environment â€¢ Food security and agriculture â€¢ Housing and communities â€¢ Survey and data collection
Under the supervision of the Procurement and Office Coordinator , the Driver operates and maintains project vehicles to meet the transportation needs of the Kenya Vector Control Activity in Kenya.
Key Roles And Responsibilities
- Drive project, and project affiliated personnel to project sites within the base location, and throughout the project implementation area for project activities, including official site visits.
- Transport project equipment, materials, supplies and documents to project sites
- Maintain up-to-date record keeping systems for vehicle issues including fuel, mileage, and trip logs.
- Observe all company vehicle utilization policies, in country traffic laws.
- Maintain project vehicle, including keeping accurate records, and following a schedule of routine maintenance, repairs and cleaning.
- Ensure the readiness of the vehicle for transport service by checking oil, water, fuel, and tires, maps, and conducting safety and security inspection prior to driving.
- Ensure vehicle insurance, road licenses and any other regulatory licenses are up to date at all times
- Perform project routine business around the region, such as receiving and delivering official project documentation to and from county office, general office purchasing, and photocopying.
- Purchase of basic cleaning and kitchen supplies and assist in the purchase of other project authorized items.
- Regularly check post office boxes, collect and dispatch letters, parcels and other correspondence, and perform other local errands.
- Performing any other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
- Completion of Secondary School is highly desirable.
- Valid Driver’s License.
- At least 2 years prior experience in commercial driving.
- Thorough knowledge of local traffic laws and area traffic patterns.
- Knowledge of safety and security principles
- Excellent driving record and experience in traveling through the base location and other key areas of the country.
- Previous work experience on a development project is desirable.
- Time management skills.
- Fluency in English.
- High School Diploma + Two years of relevant experience, or Associates Degree
Method of Application
Submit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 30 September. 2021
Leonel has been Teacher at Alliant International University since 2013. He began to write about admission details at Course Discovery.