Driver Job at World Bank Group… See details on how to apply for the opportunities available at World Bank Group.
- Be able to effectively understand and carry out rules and instructions.
- Plan and provide transport services for official activities in line with the stipulated transport request procedures, including field trips for staff and mission teams
- Liaise with appointed garages for the repair and maintenance of vehicles
- Maintain a record of each of the World Bank vehicles with the relevant information including maintenance dates, insurances, plate number, and fuel consumption
- Maintain mileage recording for all World Bank vehicles and ensure each trip is registered accordingly
- Organize transport for high level staff/VIP staff on mission in Kenya
- Ensure the vehicle is always clean
- Assist with other administrative tasks as needed from time to time
Essential Specialized Skills/Knowledge/Competencies
- Good decision-making skills, demonstrated initiative and resourcefulness and effective time management skills
- Committed team player with demonstrated inter-personal skills and ability to work effectively in a multi-cultural environment
- Ability to follow through on team priorities in the absence of the team leader and respond to requests for information
- Familiarity with Nairobi roads and environs, as well as the road network in Kenya in general
- Must be familiar with traffic rules and highway code
- Must have a valid driving license, certificates in defensive driving and first aid
- Be at least 25 and not older than 62 years of age
- High school or equivalent diploma or comparable experience, proficient English skills (verbal and written).
- Knowledge of general software applications e.g., Word, Excel, Lotus Notes, PowerPoint.
- A minimum of 5 years driving experience with an international organization/development agency.
- Must have good geographical knowledge of the cities assigned
- Must be in possession of a clean and valid driving license
- Must be a competent driver with previous experience with an international agency or company
- Must provide a fit to drive medical clearance from a licensed local practitioner. Medical Requirement: Drivers must be medically fit for driving with acceptable vision as per statutory laws and have no permanent disability which can affect driving. Must be healthy and free from all communicable diseases
- Must be sufficiently trained, which shall include but is not limited to first aid skills, fuel efficient driving techniques (no sudden breaking/accelerating), training on defensive driving techniques (anti-carjacking) and knowledgeable in handling of emergency devices, e.g. fire suppression, etc. and should be familiar with the functions of the vehicle.
- Must have a no-fault record for a road accident within the previous three (3) years
Leonel has been Teacher at Alliant International University since 2013. He began to write about admission details at Course Discovery.