East Africa Associate at Acumen… See details on how to apply for the opportunities available at Acumen.
Acumen was incorporated on April 1, 2001, with seed capital from the Rockefeller Foundation, Cisco Systems Foundation and three individual philanthropists. Our desire was to transform the world of philanthropy by looking at all human beings as members of a single, global community where everyone had the opportunity to build a life of dignity. The organization would invest “Patient Capital,” capital that bridges the gap between the efficiency and scale of market-based approaches and the social impact of pure philanthropy, in entrepreneurs bringing sustainable solutions to big problems of poverty.
About the role
The East Africa Associate will support the East Africa Director and maintain primary responsibility for strategic relationship management, communications and logistical support, as well as serve as a key liaison for communication with the global staff, Board of Directors, Acumen Partners, and other members of the Acumen community.
Specific responsibilities include:
Scheduling and Meeting Preparation:
- Arrange and ensure seamless run of the EA Director’s daily schedule, juggling multiple, simultaneous requests across multiple time zones
- Prepare and socialize all essential logistics for the EA Director’s meetings
- Support on research and preparation for external meetings, including liaising with other teams to create meeting briefings and submitting meeting notes
- Coordinate senior management and team member schedules to ensure monthly management meetings, weekly check-ins, and other recurring internal meetings
- Schedule and proactively plan recurring internal communications touch points including EA Team weekly meetings, happy hours etc
- Prepare, submit and track EA Director’s time sheets; along with those of direct reports for approval
- Prepare and track expense reports in timely manner following travel; review and advise on expense reports for EA Director’s direct reports, following Travel & Expense Policy
- Maintain presence-at-desk in order to efficiently and expediently respond to the needs of EA Director
- Create and maintain a database to hold relevant contacts, support outreach and relationship tracking in timely manner; support data maintenance and creation of constituent and donor segmentation lists for introductions and meetings, special events, progress reports, and mailing lists for events
- Obtain necessary information and signatures for documents relating to EA Director and track to ensure proper processing and delivery
- Function as back-up to EA Administrative Associate
- Head various projects as assigned, including research, writing, designing collateral/presentations etc.
- Serve as primary point of contact for EA Director; prioritize and escalate issues on daily and ongoing basis to maximize use of EA Director’s time and proactively resolve issues
- Monitor email traffic and inbound physical mail for EA Director to stay current on relevant matters
- Receive inbound calls for EA Director and route calls appropriately
- Travel and Logistics:
- Work with relevant team members to ensure on-ground logistics are arranged and communicated; oversee all details for entire travel process from planning to on-the-ground to debriefs
- Provide clear, comprehensive travel packs including: detailed travel itinerary, logistical confirmations, diplomatic and/or medical clearance, meeting and investment context, etc.
- Forecast and obtain appropriate medical documentation, passport pages, and travel visas in advance of international trips as necessary
- Maintain accurate details for meetings in advance of travel, add to necessary calendars
- Understand travel preferences when booking flights, hotels, etc. and check to make sure these preferences are followed when possible, or communicated in advance when not possible
Qualifications & Skills
- 4-5 years of experience in professional environment. Experience as an Executive Assistant is preferred.
- Strong project management skills: demonstrated ability to take primary responsibility for execution of diverse number of projects in timely manner with limited supervision
- Proactive, demonstrated
- ability to anticipate needs and identify gaps before they arise, and jump in without being asked
- Exemplary interpersonal skills and ability to collaborate effectively with culturally diverse staff across geographies, functions and levels of the organization
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Self-reflective and aligned with Acumen values
- Complete discretion with sensitive information, both within the company and externally
- Proven mastery of tech apps including Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Gmail, and Zoom
- Permanent authorization to work in Kenya required
Method of Application
Closing Date : 15 October. 2021