Application for the Elimu Scholarship Application Form for Kenyan Students – 2020/2021 Entry is now open by the Kenyan government for all outstanding & needy Kenyan Students in Kenya.
Do you know any child who sat for her KCPE in 2020, scored 280 marks or more but lacks school fees to further her education? Do you know that through the Elimu scholarship program you can help her study through secondary bila worries? Well, this is possible through the Elimu scholarship program.
The Elimu scholarship program is a Kenyan government-run education scholarship funded by the World Bank through the Ministry of Education and the equity group foundation. The scholarship seeks to improve secondary education in Kenya. And it takes care of school fees, transport and learning materials.
The Scholarships are one of the most prestigious scholarships in Kenya. The aim of the program is to create a global network of future leaders committed to improving the lives of others.
ELIMU SCHOLARSHIPS ELIGIBILITY
Scholars are selected on the following criteria:
- Must be special needs or students with disabilities
- Orphans and Vulnerable children are also advised to apply
- Must have scored 280 marks and above in 2020 KCPE
- Only the Candidates who sat for KCPE examinations in 2020 should apply
- Only accepts candidates from vulnerable communities in the targeted Sub-Counties
- Candidates with poor parents living with disabilities
- Candidates with parents living with H*V/A*DS and chronic diseases like (Cancer, Kidney failure e.t.c) that cannot raise school fees
- Applicants must be from needy families
- Candidates who have been neglected or abused
ELIMU SCHOLARSHIPS APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
The applicant should create a new account through the portal https://egfdmis.equitybank.co.ke/register_elimu and fill in the 2021 application form for consideration.
- Only 2020 KCPE candidates are legible to apply for the 2021 Elimu Scholarship Programme.
- The information provided in the online form is intended to help the Community Scholarship Advisory Board (CSAC) administering Elimu Scholarships to understand the applicant’s academic and financial position for the purpose of assessment for scholarship award
- All fields with asterisks (*) are mandatory fields and must be filled accordingly.
- The online application form must be filled accurately, honestly and in full relevant. Applications without relevant documents will not be considered.
- To complete the online process, you will be required to have soft / scanned copies of the following documents:
- KCPE Results Slip (official KNEC slip or signed & stamped paper from the school)
- Copy of Death Certificate (if father / mother is / are deceased)
- Evidence of financial support (if you have received support in the past)
- Evidence of special needs (if you have indicated that you are special needs learner)
- Copy of Pay Slip / Bank Statement (if parents / guardians is employed / business person)
- Signed Declaration by Applicant and Parent / Guardian
- Copy of Birth Certificate
- Filled application and recommendation form by Head Teacher, Provincial Administration, Religious Leader or any other leader
- Interested applicants are advised to collect scholarship application forms from the nearest Equity Bank Branch or Equity Bank Agent.
- Application forms can also be downloaded from the Ministry of Education and Equity Group Foundation websites; www.education.go.ke and https://egfdmis.equitybank.co.ke/register_elimu
- Duly completed application forms including supporting documents should be submitted to the nearest Equity Bank Branch by 31st May, 2021.
Shortlisted candidates, accompanied by parents/guardians, will be invited for interviews which will be conducted by the Community Scholarship Advisory Committees.
The scholarship caters for school fees, transport to and from school, learning materials and school kit for the beneficiaries for the four-year education period. Please note that ONLY the candidates who meet the stipulated requirements will be considered for the scholarship. Members of the public are urged to share this information widely so as to reach as many potential beneficiaries as possible
Don’t miss out on current updates, kindly & follow us on Follow @Eafinder OR
Leonel has been Teacher at Alliant International University since 2013. He began to write about admission details at Course Discovery.