Energy Sector Investment Lead at Tetra Tech… See details on how to apply for the opportunities available at Tetra Tech.
- Unlock new energy sector investments in the region by:
- working closely with public and private sector partners, including project developers, national utilities, lenders and investors;
- identifying key transaction obstacles, and working creatively to overcome such barriers by bringing the full Power Africa toolkit to situations;
- initiate and structure new financing solutions, leveraging new trends in sustainable finance (e.g., green bonds, climate finance);
- working at sector level to create a conducive, enabling environment for the sector to flourish; and
- overseeing targeted technical assistance efforts to remedy market failures preventing individual or portfolios of projects from closing
- Manage, supervise and coordinate technical services and activities in Eastern and Central Africa (ECA)
- Effectively integrate guiding principles in the design, implementation and evaluation of activities and programs, including environment, social, climate change, and gender and social inclusion, monitoring, evaluation and learning aspects
- Participate and assist in setting up and undertaking periodic reviews sponsored or requested by clients
Essential KSA’s Required (experience, Skills, Education, Certification Etc.)
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, law, engineering, economics, finance, policy, or a related field.
- 8-10 years’ experience in emerging or frontier markets (ideally East Africa), focused on mobilizing capital into power, infrastructure, energy access, or utility opportunities
- Prior experience managing a team of subject matter experts and/or a team of transaction advisors
- Experience working on both on-grid and off-grid (decentralized) energy opportunities
- Familiarity with relevant regional and national policies, strategies, laws and regulations aimed at unlocking climate-resilient pathways to net-zero power systems
- Familiarity with utility unbundling and energy sector restructuring
- Familiarity promoting gender equality and social inclusion in the energy sector
- Excellent interpersonal, diplomacy, and leadership skills, including the ability to manage high-level relationships
How to Apply
Application Deadline: 31st August 2022.
Leonel has been Teacher at Alliant International University since 2013. He began to write about admission details at Course Discovery.