Energy Transition Lead – Kenya at Tetra Tech… See details on how to apply for the opportunities available at Tetra Tech.
Affiliate Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Some of the links are affiliate links.
Looking for something new? Why not check out Amazon? They've got a huge selection of products to choose from. Happy shopping! Go to Amazon
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide. We are a diverse company, including individuals with expertise in science, research, engineering, construction, and information technology.
- Provide technical leadership and delivery on decarbonization and clean energy results
- Manage, supervise and coordinate technical services and activities in-country
- Provide thought leadership and technical support as needed to accelerate implementation
- Interact with USAID, USG officials on technical issues of projects to propose and agree on a necessary activity and deliverable changes and innovations
- Effectively integrate guiding principles in the design, implementation and evaluation of activities and programs, including environment, social, climate change, and gender and social inclusion, monitoring, evaluation and learning aspects
- Participate and assist in setting up and undertake periodic reviews and reporting
Essential KSA’s Required (experience, Skills, Education, Certification, Etc.)
- 10+ years’ experience, including developing country work to increase power supply through clean energy solutions
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, law, engineering, economics, finance, policy, or a related field.
- Demonstrated familiarity, and prior experience working in the energy sector in Eastern and Central Africa
- Knowledgeable in developing and implementing climate-resilient pathways to net-zero power systems, including regional and national policies, strategies, laws and regulations; integrated resource and resilience planning to increase clean energy generation; planning and modernization of grid infrastructure; sector coupling and decarbonization; promotion of decentralized power generation and energy efficiency.
- Familiarity promoting gender equality and social inclusion in the energy sector
- Prior experience with managing a team of subject matter experts across geographies
- Familiarity with design and implementation of capacity building programs in the electricity sector
- Excellent interpersonal, diplomacy, and leadership skills, including the ability to manage high-level relationships
Valued But Not Required KSA’s
- A master’s degree in business administration, law, engineering, economics, finance, policy, or a related field.
- Experience with utility unbundling and energy sector restructuring.
- Experience with cross border power trade, and power pools
- Experience increasing on-grid and off-grid access to affordable, reliable energy
- Experience increasing public and private energy sector investment and innovation
- Experienced promoting gender equality and women’s empowerment in the energy sector
Leonel has been Teacher at Alliant International University since 2013. He began to write about admission details at Course Discovery.