Environmental Health and Safety Officer Job at Jubilee Insurance… See details on how to apply for the opportunities available at Jubilee Insurance.
Jubilee Insurance was established in August 1937, as the first locally incorporated Insurance Company based in Mombasa in 1937. Jubilee Insurance has spread its sphere of influence throughout the region to become the largest Composite insurer in East Africa, handling Life, Pensions, general and Medical insurance.
- Ensure 100% compliance with applicable local regulatory requirements and maintain compliance framework up to date.
- Lead certain assigned aspects (technical, regulatory/third party interface, reporting, permitting, compliance, financial, administrative, etc.) of projects and permits in compliance with relevant regulatory programs and corporate policies.
- Evaluate facility EHS conditions, assess risks and develop appropriate corrective-action plans and budgets to address deficiencies in comparison to regulations and internal policy/protocol.
- Participate in EHS compliance and program audits.
- Drive improvements in EHS culture, awareness, and accountability.
- Plan and conduct EHS training.
- Conduct incident/accident investigations and develop corrective and preventative action plans.
- Drive continuous improvement in EHS performance and programs.
- Assist in responding to significant incidents and government requests/notices.
- Interface with environmental, health, and safety regulatory agencies as needed
- Bachelor degree in Environmental/Mechanical/Electrical Science from an accredited University.
- Professional certifications (NEBOSH, IEMA, etc.).
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in Environment, Health & Safety.
- Regulatory knowledge and experience working with regulations covering occupational health, energy audits, emergency preparedness, environmental requirements, and waste management.
- Proven project and program management skill
Leonel has been Teacher at Alliant International University since 2013. He began to write about admission details at Course Discovery.