Environmental Risk Consultant Job at United Nations Environment Programme… See details on how to apply for the opportunities available at United Nations Environment Programme.
The United Nations Environment Programme (UN Environment) is the leading global environmental authority that sets the world’s environmental agenda, promotes the coherent implementation of the environmental dimension of sustainable development within the United Nations system and serves as an authoritative advocate for the environment.
- The United Nations Environment (UN Environment) is the leading global environmental authority that sets the global environmental agenda, promotes the coherent implementation of the environmenta ldimension of sustainable development within the United Nations system and serves as an authoritative advocate for the global environment. Its mandate is to coordinate the development of environmental policy consensus by keeping the global environment under review and bringing emerging issues to the attention of governments and the international community for action. UN Environment’s Ecosystems Division works with international and national partners, providing technical assistance and capacity development for the implementation of environmental policy, and strengthening the environmental management capacity of developing countries and countries with economies in transition. This post is in UN Environment/Ecosystems Division/Biodiversity and Land Branch. The Branch requires a suitable technical consultant to support work on the topics of environmental economics, natural capital, pollution and human capital, ecosystem services, and the economics of nature-based solutions. One of the primary focus outputs of the consultancy will be to continue to co-ordinate the work carried out for the assessment of UNEP’s climate and biodiversity related projects. The work of the individual consultant helps bridge internal UNEP’s data and inputs with the assessment work of the academic institution. Tasks include:
- Provide work in collaboration, communication and facilitation, of the work of conducting an economic valuation of selected wetlands in Laos, as part of the approved PRC project titled ‘Building resilience of urban populations with ecosystem-based solutions in Laos.’
- Develop project concept notes and proposals, briefing notes and implementation agreements on subjects relevant to ecological economics such as human and natural capital accounts, nature-based solutions, green economy, and wealth accounting.
- Prepare the outreach material (Quarterly Focus Series)
- The consultant shall be under the overall supervision of the Chief Environmental Economist and Senior Economic Advisor, Biodiversity and Land Branch (BLB) in Ecosystems Division of UN Environment Programme.
- Academic Qualifications: University degree (Bachelor’s degree or equivalent) in environmental or political science, economics, or related area is a requirement.
- Experience: A minimum of 2 years experience in fields related to Ecological Economics, such as ecosystem services, natural capital, and development policy is a requirement for the post.
- Language: English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For this post, fluency in oral and written English is required.
Leonel has been Teacher at Alliant International University since 2013. He began to write about admission details at Course Discovery.