Executive Communications Associate Job at Wikimedia Foundation… See details on how to apply for the opportunities available at Wikimedia Foundation.
- Researching international speaking opportunities and proactively identifying new and compelling venues for Foundation leaders to speak to strategic audiences.
- Evaluating incoming media and speaking requests with a consistent rubric to prioritize strategic opportunities
- Developing written materials that capture the tone and voice of different executives, often working under deadlines.
- Writing and ghost-writing speeches, op-eds, quotes, external statements, and blog posts that have a clear point of view.
- Monitoring news coverage and identifying opportunities for executives to weigh in on relevant and timely topics.
- Partnering with the digital media team to provide executive support on social media profiles, such as drafting social media copy and identifying opportunities for leadership to engage on social media
- Anticipating tough questions and preparing executives with needed messaging on a variety of relevant topics based on the news of the day.
- Pitching event organizers for speaking opportunities and liaising to coordinate logistics, including format for the event, technical setup, and other panelists.
- Drafting materials for Foundation executives to prepare for interviews and public speaking engagements, and maintaining the process for keeping materials updated.
- Staffing executive spokespeople during media interviews and speaking opportunities (both virtual and onsite support as needed).
- Establishing and maintaining clear, consistent processes for communications support, such as a timeline of communications deliverables for public speaking engagements.
- Minimum of two years experiences working in an editorial, journalism, or communications role.
- Strong verbal and written communication, and editing skills with the ability to write both short and long-form pieces and meet deadlines.
- Strong organizational skills and experience managing multiple projects at once, as well as an interest in both independent and collaborative work
- Detail-oriented with experience maintaining systems and documentation for projects with multiple moving parts and stakeholders.
- Passion for following news trends and proactively identifying media opportunities for spokespeople.
- Interest or expertise in managing and planning virtual or in-person events with multiple speakers.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication, editing, and interpersonal skills.
- The ability to meet deadlines and excel in a fast-paced, multitasking environment that often requires fast turn‐around.
How to Apply
Interested and suitable applicants should CLICK HERE to apply.
Application Deadline: 31st November 2021.
Leonel has been Teacher at Alliant International University since 2013. He began to write about admission details at Course Discovery.