Finance and Budget Assistant [Temporary] Job at United Nations Office at Nairobi… See details on how to apply for the opportunities available at United Nations Office at Nairobi.
Affiliate Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Some of the links are affiliate links.
Looking for something new? Why not check out Amazon? They've got a huge selection of products to choose from. Happy shopping! Go to Amazon
- Assists in the preparation of supporting documents (narrative and supporting tables) with respect to finalization of cost estimates and budget proposals, in terms of staff and non-staff requirements.
- Assists in the development of resource requirements for budget submissions and in the preparation of budget performance submissions.
- Researches/compiles data and other information required by the Treasurer in the review and analysis of relevant proposals.
- Weekly processing and disbursement of benevolent loans to Nairobi Staff Union members.
- Computing and maintaining of the benevolent loans register, interest on loans, and contributions from members of the Nairobi Staff Union.
- Maintaining the nominal ledger and preparation of the Cash book.
- Maintenance of the books of account, Bank reconciliations, preparing income and expenditure reports and statements of the UN Nairobi Staff Union including monthly remittance from the Treasury (UNON).
- The preparation of the final accounts annually and preparation of the bi-annual budgets reviewed annually.
- Preparation and submission of monthly books of account to the Nairobi Staff Union Council through the Treasurer.
- Preparation and submission of monthly cash flow forecasts to the Nairobi Staff Union Council through the Treasurer.
- Facilitating the timely submission of annual Nairobi Staff Union financial statements for external audit and submission to the Nairobi Staff Union Council and the General Meeting, through the office of the Treasurer and the President.
- Keeps up-to-date documents/reports/guidelines that have a bearing on matters related to Nairobi Staff Union budgets, ensuring compliance with United Nations policies and procedures.
- Drafts routine correspondence with respect to enquiries related to relevant financial and budget matters.
- Maintains and keep up-to-date files.
- Provides Financial and Budgetary support to the Nairobi Staff Union President and the Treasurer
- Perform other Nairobi Staff Union office duties related duties as may be assigned.
- Completion of High school diploma or equivalent is required additional training or qualification in finance, budget or administration is highly desirable.
- Passing the Global General Service Test (GGST) is a prerequisite for recruitment consideration in the General Services and related categories in the United Nations Secretariat. Applicants who have not passed the GGST at the time of application may be invited for the test after submitting an application.
- A minimum of five (5) years of experience in finance, budget, accounting, administrative services.
- or related area is required.
- Experience working with an Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system such as SAP is desirable.
- Experience in the United Nations system or other comparable international organization is desirable.
How to Apply
Application Deadline: 15th April 2022.
Leonel has been Teacher at Alliant International University since 2013. He began to write about admission details at Course Discovery.