Fixed Technical Support Engineer at Safaricom Kenya…See Details on how to apply for the opportunities available at Safaricom Kenya.
Safaricom is a leading communications company in Kenya with the widest and strongest coverage. The home of the famous Mobile Money service- M-PESA
- To be a Single Point of Contact for Safaricom Fiber infrastructure Faults and Ensuring restorations are done to the original build specification.
- Providing Excellent Customer Experience by scheduling visits to resolve service issues for FTTH customers and ensure the contractors adhere to stipulated code of conduct at customer premises.
- Performing Network acceptance according to agreed Guidelines and checklist following the Delivery Milestones for Provisional, Operational and Final acceptance.
- To offer Fault Diagnosis, Prioritization, Oversee the resolution process, verify service restoration and provide root cause analysis of failure.
- To give Monthly preventive maintenance reporting and scheduling regular inspection of fiber and PM activities together with contractor.
- Analysing the risk and Propose Fiber Relocation Plans in case of Road, water & sewerage expansion, Power Utilities, new building facilities and checking for Geological changes that will affect the current locations of fiber.
- Ensuring fiber network Resiliency and availability by Performing and documenting disaster recovery tests.
- Ensuring all maintenance works is done according to Safaricom Health & Safety policies and change Management process.
- Providing spares and materials forecast for maintenance works and overseeing Spare’s usage and availability in correct specification, Quantity and storage.
- Performing regular on ground Audits to maintain accurate database and NQMs on Fibre routes, Duct Usage, Manholes, cable usage, fiber cores utilization and labelling.
- To provide proper Supplier management to ensure lower MTTR through temporary restoration to bring up service within SLA and close on Permanent restoration.
- Working closely with Fiber Planning and implementation teams on new fiber works in the Region and Confirm the As-built network is per the work package.
- Managing spend associated with Maintenance projects by developing Opex savings initiatives.
- To act as the Safaricom representative in the Region towards the general public and local authorities (County Governments, KENHA, KURA, Railway) Landlords and other 3rd parties in managing permits and right of ways.
- Liaising with Safaricom Security teams in apprehending vandalisms.
- Safaricom Security teams in apprehending vandalisms.
- Ensure availability of devices and services on the GPON access network.
- Participate in projects as assigned
- Participate in core IP transport and access network optimization
- Perform BNG, OLT node and service integration and acceptance
- Network topology documentation and improvement
- Inventory management of devices, tools and IP parameters (addresses and Vlans)
- Process documentation and improvement.
- Track QOS affecting parameters e.g., utilization and latencies on the core transport and access networks.
- 24/7 support for core IP transport and enterprise networks
- BSc in either Electrical & electronics engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems or telecommunication engineering.
- 3+ years of direct IP transport Network Support or planning experience in a busy Service Provider environment
- CCNP/CCIP certification required and CCIE certification desired.
- Hands on experience in troubleshooting IP networks required.
- Strong skills and experience with IP routers and switches. Extensive knowledge of IP Routing and IP routing protocols (OSPF, ISIS, EIGRP, and BGP).
- Knowledge of QoS techniques and hands experience of implementing MPLS services.
- Conversant with IPv4, IPv6 Addressing Schemes, Variable Length Subnet Masking (VLSM), VLANs, IP QOS, Triple play services)
Method of Application
Closing Date : 1 October. 2021
Leonel has been Teacher at Alliant International University since 2013. He began to write about admission details at Course Discovery.