Application for the Fully-Funded International PhD Positions in Archaeo-Geochemistry in Australia – 2021/2022. Entry is now open at the Southern Cross University in UK.
The grant is a fully funded opportunity to work in the field of archaeo-geochemistry, in particular improving their understanding of hominid exposomes using LA-ICPMS/LA-MC-ICPMS on fossil remains. The Southern Cross University will provide fully-funded scholarships to selected students.
Southern Cross University is an Australian public university looking forward to incorporating a strong commitment to excellence in regional Australia through the quality of the graduates it produces and through rich connectivity with its communities.
The Scholarships are one of the most prestigious scholarships in the world. The aim of the program is to create a global network of future leaders committed to improving the lives of others.
INTERNATIONAL PHD POSITIONS ELIGIBILITY
Scholars are selected on the following criteria:
- Students from Australia and all other countries are eligible to apply.
- All PhD programme courses and subjects in the field of archaeo-geochemistry are eligible.
- The position is open to all domestic applicants and international applicants currently based in Australia. International applicants currently based overseas are welcomed to apply, however, current Australian Government border restrictions may impact their application.
- The successful applicant will need to meet the entry requirements to enrol in a PhD at Southern Cross University on a full-time basis, including a BSc (Hons, 2nd class or above) or an MSc degree with a research component, in either Earth science, (geo)chemistry, environmental science or related fields.
- Ideally, candidates will have some experience in geochemistry and either knowledge or a strong interest to work on human/primate evolution problematic. Candidate with experience with LA-CIPMS or Multicollector ICPMS from a different field of research such as medical geochemistry or related field is also strongly encouraged to apply. Candidates with experience with matlab, R or similar packages is a plus.
- The applicants are required to have a qualification equivalent to an Australian Bachelor degree.
- The applicants must have attained minimum required scores in the following English language proficiency test: TOEFL IBT – 79, IELTS – 6.0, CAE – 58, and PTE – 58.
INTERNATIONAL PHD POSITIONS APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
- The applicants are required to enrol themselves with the university through the online portal and complete the application process. To apply to avail of the program, the applicants are required to mail the below-mentioned documents as a PDF file to [email protected].
Application must include:
- Please send your CV (2 pages max)
- A cover letter explaining your interest in and suitability for this application (1 page)
- Degree transcripts/certificates
- Details of two referees
- Any other relevant research documents (e.g., publications/theses)
- Only applications that have been submitted (with the International Office and registered on the website of the scholarship) before Position is filled will be considered.